• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 06:32:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210

Spawns

Started by b125killer, June 21, 2014, 07:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I got wigglers from the St. Isabel/ Rio Negro. The Pinoy leopard/ Zebra spawned. and Koi pair #2 spawned today. I'm thinking of pulling the pinoy spawn. I have been waiting for them to spawn for some time. I wasn't really sure it was a male/female. The koi are on there own this time. I'm sure they will eat the eggs by morning.   
Scott

Mugwump

...those Koi just might surprise you  ;D....especially if you don't have room for any more fry  ;D

That Pinoy spawn will be a beaut'....lots of TLC with that dark gene and PB....I have vinegar eels if you need them.....??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I pulled the Pinoy spawn. I have been waiting to long for them to do anything. They can have the next spawn. As far as room goes I just set up another 40b. I also have a few people coming over tomorrow to look at  some fish. One lady is looking for a black lace veil pearlscale. She said she would stop and see if I have anything she likes. I probably do, most non fish people don't know what there looking at anyways. 
Scott

b125killer

How do you care for the vinegar eels? I might be interested if it's not much work.   
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on June 21, 2014, 09:15:59 PM
How do you care for the vinegar eels? I might be interested if it's not much work.

A gallon jar ....50/50 red vinegar and water...toss in a slice of apple....culture....dim/dark lighting...that's it.......refill with water/vinegar as you use them......start a new jar culture when you want, or for back up.................
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

The koi still have eggs. The female is tending to them this time too. Maybe they'll actually raise this batch.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on June 22, 2014, 02:58:35 PM
The koi still have eggs. The female is tending to them this time too. Maybe they'll actually raise this batch.

Their siblings are mostly all raising..... ;D....
Jon

EverythingAquatic

All my fish seem to have taken a vacation.  No signs of breeding in any of my tanks ever since that 55g exploded on me.  Kind of makes me happy as I am down a tank....but watch out when that $1 per gallon sale kicks in next weekend!

Mugwump

Quote from: EverythingAquatic on June 22, 2014, 06:05:13 PM
All my fish seem to have taken a vacation.  No signs of breeding in any of my tanks ever since that 55g exploded on me.  Kind of makes me happy as I am down a tank....but watch out when that $1 per gallon sale kicks in next weekend!

LOL....that dang $1/gal sales bites us all in the rear.. ;D....it's just too daggone tempting....
Jon

b125killer

They still have there eggs ;D

St. Isabel/Rio Negro spawn three days old.

Pinoy leopard/zebra eggs day 1. Should be wigglers tomorrow. I'm excited about this spawn.

Scott

Mugwump

You're on a roll....love it.....I've been experimenting with using peroxide past days one/two....I reduced it to just a 1/2 cap for the whole 2 1/2 gal with the water change.........working perfectly...fewer loss's than even acriflavin..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....and no flushing the chem's out either...peroxide dissipates on it's own.... :D
Jon

b125killer

I'll have to try it, on the next spawn. I don't want to mess with the pinoy spawn. Just do what I know works for me. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on June 22, 2014, 08:33:35 PM
I'll have to try it, on the next spawn. I don't want to mess with the pinoy spawn. Just do what I know works for me.

Bingo....
Jon

b125killer

The koi spawn turned white, Not to sure why. They didn't eat it. I had to pull it and clean off the slate.
The pinoy went to wigglers. And that was all. They were doing good until I took them off the slate. Then they all died. But they looked like a little comma the day before they died. I took everything out and used aquarium salt to scrub the tank. Than rinsed that out. Then cleaned the tank, heater and plastic filter parts with peroxide. I squeeze the sponges out in tap water then microwave them to kill anything on it.
After all that I seen that the plats spawned.  So I figure it would be good to see if I cleaned everything well enough.  So I pullled there spawn. We'll see if I did a good thing or not shortly. 
The St Isabel / Rio Negro spawn is doing great. Everyone is up, swimming and munching on bbs.
Scott

b125killer

Just looked at the plat spawn. There looking good a few white eggs but nothing major yet.
Scott