• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:32:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 159
Total: 160

Adventurous Day Trip

Started by b125killer, June 09, 2014, 12:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Adventure day with my wife, Sister, and Brother-in-law. First we went to Starved Rock State Park. My Grandfathers Ashes where spread in the park, He passed 13 years ago. It still hurts when I think of him. He wasn't only my grandpa but a wise man and great friend. He is Truly missed. After The park we went to Ottawa, IL We stopped there and had lunch, Then Stopped to Say Hi To Ed. I don't think my brother-in-law was ready for Ed's fish room. He's not a big fish person. We chatted with Ed and his wonderful wife for a little bit. Thanks Ed for the angels. They all made the trip back just fine. After Ed's We went to Seneca, IL My Great Grandma was laid to rest in Mt. Calvary Cemetery. It's been 24 years since I have been there. The sad truth is we didn't know where she was at. I was thinking she was in Ottawa. But I was only a kid when I was there last. After that We went to Illini State Park. this was the place we had family reunions. That was all in the past. It was fun to take a trip back. sad to see the resting spots of loved ones. and great to spend time with new friend. I was trying to get them to stop in and say hi to Jon and Jan. but it was getting late. we had fish that needed to be put in to tanks and I think My brother-in-law couldn't take three fish rooms in one day. All in all it was a great day out with some of my family.
Here are some pics of Starved Rock State park. It truly is a wonderful park and a great final resting spot.

Scott

PaulineMi

What a perfect day you had.  Beautiful weather, heartfelt memories, time with friends and family and nature at Her best. The pictures are great.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

A great day for you all...wonderful...Those kinds of excursions are the best. We like Starved Rock too, beautiful place..you can even hike back in the canyons, if you have the time.
   A stop at Ed's place is always a joy, what great folks....and you got fish??....LOL...ok, what this time?
   We were home and actually had a few young folks stop by to catch the fish room. It's good to see the late teen crowd get interested in keeping aquariums. Sorry that you couldn't stop by, I cooked burgers earlier on the grill..and we had plenty. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

It was great to see you again, and meet the family.

Sounds like you guys had a fun and adventurous family day.