• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 148
Total: 149

Craislist

Started by ilroost, June 01, 2014, 03:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

Answered a add for free cichlids. She said she wanted to get rid of them so she can start a salt tank. I asked her what kind they were.
She didn't know but they were all the same. I go get them and they are all Tropheus Moorii kasier Ikola. WOW, SCORE!!!!!!

lanieree

whoo whooooooo!!!    nice!!

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on June 01, 2014, 03:25:06 PM
Answered a add for free cichlids. She said she wanted to get rid of them so she can start a salt tank. I asked her what kind they were.
She didn't know but they were all the same. I go get them and they are all Tropheus Moorii kasier Ikola. WOW, SCORE!!!!!!

Lov'n it.......... ;D...pics???....after they settle in some, please...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott

Mugwump

like these?...right?

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

They can be as mean as they are pretty.  Very cool cichlids. Nice score on those.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Thats them Jon, 11 o f them. Yes they are mean. Finding that out the hard way. Got them in a 75 gallon by their selfs and they chase each other all the time!

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on June 03, 2014, 06:02:37 PM
Thats them Jon, 11 o f them. Yes they are mean. Finding that out the hard way. Got them in a 75 gallon by their selfs and they chase each other all the time!

More rocks..more rocks....LOL
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 03, 2014, 06:40:56 PM
More rocks..more rocks....LOL

LOL  LOL  I think that's what finally drove me away from cichlids.....  I just got tired of looking at tanks full of rocks.   ;D ;D ;D

..... well not completely away, I've still got one 75 gallon rock tank.   :P

Dennis

PaulineMi

Yeah...rock tanks.  I had a couple of them.  The cichlids used every opening as a "catch me if you can" area to charge around through.   ::)

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 04, 2014, 10:33:43 AM
Yeah...rock tanks.  I had a couple of them.  The cichlids used every opening as a "catch me if you can" area to charge around through.   ::)

Texas holey rock, baby!  I brought a bunch back from San Antonio a few years back!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

I have a 125 gal. show tank that is full of holey rock. Need to find more for some other tanks. Trouble i have is keeping the holey rock looking white.

PaulineMi

White...yes!  I used to take all of it out a couple times a year to scrub and bleach it. That was a big job.