• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:40:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Home Early....

Started by b125killer, May 13, 2014, 06:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

From work, my wife called me at work and said that a water line broke. It was the line for my fish water and laundry room. I asked my oldest son to fill my water storage and went to work. The valve between the filters and water line broke. I asked her if she shut the water off she said I think so. So I decided it would probably be a good ideal to come home and see what was wrong. Luckily it was a easy fix. And another situation where me being cheap bit me in the butt. Everthing is fixed and now I'll head back to work. On the plus side the plats are spawning again. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on May 13, 2014, 06:15:10 PM
From work, my wife called me at work and said that a water line broke. It was the line for my fish water and laundry room. I asked my oldest son to fill my water storage and went to work. The valve between the filters and water line broke. I asked her if she shut the water off she said I think so. So I decided it would probably be a good ideal to come home and see what was wrong. Luckily it was a easy fix. And another situation where me being cheap bit me in the butt. Everthing is fixed and now I'll head back to work. On the plus side the plats are spawning again.

drip..drip..drip...drip... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

More like flood, the hole valve busted in two. Luck she did shut the water off or I would be cleaning yet another water mess out of the basement. 
Scott

wsantia1

That was surely a close call. :o Glad you were able to fix it Scott. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 13, 2014, 06:33:20 PM
That was surely a close call. :o Glad you were able to fix it Scott. ;D ;D ;D

All hail the shop vac.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Drip, drip, drip  reminds me of this. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=plumber+Grover

I love this one. "Dripping I can fix. Gushing I'm not so good at." LOL

Mugwump

Valve fixed ?....or are you going to re-configure?
Jon

b125killer

Both, I fixed it. But I have been thinking of redoing that hole area. I still want to get the water to temp before the filters just not to sure yet how I'm going to do it.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on May 14, 2014, 02:44:12 PM
Both, I fixed it. But I have been thinking of redoing that hole area. I still want to get the water to temp before the filters just not to sure yet how I'm going to do it.

You can heat it afterwards...???....or get a mixing valve...your hot water from your water heater may not last as long as you want tho....
Jon

b125killer

I do heat it afterwards it just takes for ever. I was looking at mixing values too. Just wasn't sure if that's the way I want to go.
Scott