• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:26:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 145
Total: 146

Mickie 'D's......

Started by Mugwump, April 25, 2014, 05:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....should have just had a PBJ.......... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

You're a better man than I Jon!  I got to a certain age and just couldn't eat their stuff any more.  Those greasy frys are like double edged razor blades going down.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 25, 2014, 06:02:27 PM
You're a better man than I Jon!  I got to a certain age and just couldn't eat their stuff any more.  Those greasy frys are like double edged razor blades going down.

Dennis

I threw mine in the trash....I tried one of the newest offerings......it was awful....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

I can not stand there food. When I was a kid I thought it was better than a PBJ
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on April 25, 2014, 10:32:51 PM
I can not stand there food. When I was a kid I thought it was better than a PBJ

I can get the burgers down ok....but some of the other junk, not so much anymore...
Jon

Rjb3

When I was a kid, it was a big deal to stop at the golden arches and stand in line outside to get a hamburger, fries, and a shake. Don't know if they sold soda. We always got shakes. Those days are gone.

I do have fond memories of how my little brother thought he could see those golden arches before the rest of us. He never figured out that Dad and Mom know it was just down the street.

My last good memory of McDonalds was the Friday cruise night/nostalgia night at the Gurnee Mills shopping center.  I put my '49 Chevy pick-up in their car show and eat 25 cent hamburgers. Yup, they retro-priced their hamburgers to a quarter. They'd pack the place. Good car show, too. It wasn't unusual to see a Willys with a blower drive in. That was about twenty years ago. Now, if you check out YouTube, you'll see a few trailers in the back ground. When I attended, everybody drove.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on April 26, 2014, 07:11:20 AM
When I was a kid, it was a big deal to stop at the golden arches and stand in line outside to get a hamburger, fries, and a shake. Don't know if they sold soda. We always got shakes. Those days are gone.

I do have fond memories of how my little brother thought he could see those golden arches before the rest of us. He never figured out that Dad and Mom know it was just down the street.

My last good memory of McDonalds was the Friday cruise night/nostalgia night at the Gurnee Mills shopping center.  I put my '49 Chevy pick-up in their car show and eat 25 cent hamburgers. Yup, they retro-priced their hamburgers to a quarter. They'd pack the place. Good car show, too. It wasn't unusual to see a Willys with a blower drive in. That was about twenty years ago. Now, if you check out YouTube, you'll see a few trailers in the back ground. When I attended, everybody drove.

Yep, they have a 'Cruise night' over in Sycamore every year...a few other local towns do it too...$ .25 burgers.....and they're hot too....LOL....
Jon

JR

Dad and mom took us to Buger Chef every Sunday after Church. That was the best day of the week
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

sschind

What, no inspiring memories about swap day breakfasts?  Oh that's right, we have decided to leave a half hour early and eat at a real restaurant from now on.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on April 27, 2014, 09:21:37 PM

What, no inspiring memories about swap day breakfasts?  Oh that's right, we have decided to leave a half hour early and eat at a real restaurant from now on.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.......
Jon

Barb

If you like yogurt, their parfait is really good, only $1, if you haven't tried one, you should.  Comes with berries and granola.  Quite tasty.
Barb