• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:23:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 145
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 154
Total: 155

Finally

Started by b125killer, April 19, 2014, 08:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Found my new/used tank! It's a 155 bow front. I also has the glass tops for it.  I sure do like the bow fronts. Now to clean it and build a stand for it. It'll be a few weeks before I can get it up and running. I still need to finish the stand for my sons tank. Also I haven't made a bow front stand yet. this could be interesting.
Scott

Mugwump

Dang!!!!! that's a beast ;D..is it the one from Dan??....nice score ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

That's awesome Scott! ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

nope, Dan's is about 5 inches taller. I got mine from a guy in Waukegan, Wisconsin. The guy was moving out of his million dollar home and didn't want to take the tank with. Dan and I carried this tank the length of a foot ball field. and up a flight of stairs with steps that where 3 feet apart. It was hard work and we took many breaks. but I did get a good deal on it.
We went in the back lower level of this guys three story house, Right into his indoor swimming pool. then through the weight/  exercise room, past the bar into a open lobby type space. that's where the tank was built into the wall. It was so cool the hole wall had the same curve of the tank. After figuring out how to get it out of the wall without tearing anything up we man handled it to my truck. After all that it was a piece of cake getting it in my basement.   
Scott

ilroost

Nice Scott!! What are your plans for it? Gonna get some monster fish?

b125killer

Thank's guys, I sure like it.  Lil'Will, frick, and frack will love the extra space too. Now they can grow without stunting them. 
I already have 5 clown loaches that will call it home. the biggest is around 6". They will be my monster fish. Even though They are peaceful giants. They will grow to 12 plus inches and live 50 years. I'll also use it for bigger angels to grow out some.
Scott

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

awesome loach haven, man!  nice score! ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

How's that tank coming along??....ready to move it down here yet?   ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It a slow process so far. I did manage to move it out of my way. I'm not too sure this tank will ever leave my basement. I don't want to haul it up another flight of stairs. It makes 125 seam light.  I keep looking at it and wounder how long it's going to take to clean it. Im also not sure how I want the stand yet. I want it a bow front but not to sure how to make the bow look right. Also need  to finish the stand for the 75g. So much to do and so little time to do anything.  It's supposed to be nice Friday and Saturday. I'm hoping i can finish the 75 stand. Then I can start on the big stand.
Scott

Mugwump

A step at a time...it'll get done... ;D...have you picked where you're going to put it yet?
Jon

b125killer

Yep, it's going where the 72 is at now. I also want to rearrange the breeder tanks. I'm thinking of consolidating the 20 gallons with 2 divided 40 breeders.  It will de the same a mount of water but two less tanks. But I would need to make yet another stand for them. If I can make space for it I would like to use the 72 for more grow out. Just need to figure out where to put it. And I'm thinking breaking down a few tanks will free up some space for it.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on April 24, 2014, 09:08:43 AM
Yep, it's going where the 72 is at now. I also want to rearrange the breeder tanks. I'm thinking of consolidating the 20 gallons with 2 divided 40 breeders.  It will de the same a mount of water but two less tanks. But I would need to make yet another stand for them. If I can make space for it I would like to use the 72 for more grow out. Just need to figure out where to put it. And I'm thinking breaking down a few tanks will free up some space for it.

...never break em down....just rearrange em... ;D...you have room ;D
Jon

EdKaz

QuoteI'm thinking breaking down a few tanks will free up some space for it.

LOL!!!!
Yeah........like THAT actually works to go from THINKING about breaking down tanks, and actually doing so. :)

I got a FRESH pair  of Pinoy Smokeys with your name all over em if you need or want something to help you with that SILLY urge to TAKE DOWN tanks instead of putting more up. ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on April 24, 2014, 01:18:36 PM
QuoteI'm thinking breaking down a few tanks will free up some space for it.

LOL!!!!
Yeah........like THAT actually works to go from THINKING about breaking down tanks, and actually doing so. :)

I got a FRESH pair  of Pinoy Smokeys with your name all over em if you need or want something to help you with that SILLY urge to TAKE DOWN tanks instead of putting more up. ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon