• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:58:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

BUMMER

Started by ilroost, April 19, 2014, 03:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

Found my 17 inch black koi dead this morning.
That sucks, i have had him for about 4 or 5 years.
He was eating fine last night and there are no signs of anything wrong with him.

Mugwump

Ouch...that stinks....by chance, did he snack on anything else that might have settled in there...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Not sure jon. I keep the pond pretty clean, but it is outdoors so hard telling

wsantia1

Wow, that is a real bummer.  Hopefully you can find out what happened.  Sorry for your loss.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ilroost

Barb

Sorry to hear this, I have a koi pond too.  Sometimes a bird of prey like the herons we have here, can spear a fish to take it away, then it falls or swims off before the bird can snatch it.  See if your fish has a beak spear hole in it?  It would have most likely been a fatal spear.  Sorry,
Barb

b125killer

Sorry, that sucks! he had to be a impressive koi.
Scott