• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 12:08:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

Another weekend projects

Started by P4Angels, April 13, 2014, 04:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

Started a new tank stand last weekend...   Got all the parts cut out and the "A" frames all put together. 

Yesterday sanded and stained the cross beams.  Today 2 coats of polyurethane 2marow a quick sand and 1 more coat of Poly and ready for the build....   

Still to do:

2 of the 4 50 gallon tanks have been scraped and painted (Skydive Blue) hope to get them all done 2marow as well...

Need to take down the 90 and 120 in the other room.
Modify that stand for a 90 and 75.

Stay tuned for more updates and pictures.... 
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels

Rack installed and ready for tanks....  :D
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

Mugwump

Ah, more racks, more tanks...............of course,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

nope I have already made a comment about selling one of them  ;D ;D ;D

P4Angels

So I for got to mention in the first post that we had to repaint all the walls in the room.  Nothing like painting a room that has not been painted in i guess in 30+ years.  Had to do 3 coats of paint just to get it covered.   Soaked it in like an old sponge.

So I woke up at 5 am this morning, a pot coffee and got out the door around 8 am, finished painting the "A" frames pieces, stained all the rails, and added 3 coats of polyurethane, and then built the racks.  I let Lori sleep in then we moved the 2 racks into there new home. Pull outside  2 of the tanks and scraped off all the old paint (black), cleaned them with glass cleaner to get all the residue (old paint flakes off)  and repainted them Blue (Velspar paint form Lowe's - Sky Blue CI252). This was due to Lori's insistence that they all needed to be the same color, I did not like the idea, but you know she is right  ;D. Tanks are drying then I will add a second coat of paint.  Hope to be able to get some pictures up of the finished work tomorrow.    It's 4 pm now and I need to get the second coat of paint on so it can dry, more rain in the forecast for the rest of the week so I need to get'er done today....

Mugwump

Super good progress...........nice job, can't wait to see it all completed ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

you and us to!! we have so many "kids" that need to move to a bigger home!!! hoping that mom and dad discus hold out with the kids they have for a couple more days so we can move them too

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

P4Angels

So a one weekend project has now gone into a second weekends and then a 3rd... So as things progress here are the updated racks in there new home in our spare bedroom now the grow out room.

Got all four of the 50's set up and lost one.   Went in to feed the fishes and all the water had drained into the lower tank...  So it's waiting for a ride to the dump.... and now looking for another to replace it.

So the new rack are such a hit with Lori that it has now begun to spread into the main fish room.

(90 Gallon tank on the bottom and four 20 gallon high fry tanks on top) ( 6" of space on the bottom for storage bens.. more pic's coming soon)

Looks like bye bye metal rack and hello the new ones.....   How manny more days are left of summer, not sure I can get it all done, but what then hell I gonna try.... one down and 2 more monsters to go.....

P4Angels2

:o :o OMG.......... What was I thinking when I agreed to Aron making a new rack for the breeders???? So much work, sweat, and body aches after many hours of emptying tanks and moving them out of the way...sadly a couple of tragedies with 2 of the tanks...they cracked but I am guessing that as Aron did such a great job fixing a couple others he will be able to save at least 1 of the 20 gallons...but to sit here looking at the end result of this rack it was worth it!! But I have to say that I know why there are 5 work days....So a body can recover from 2 days of hard work!!! :o :o

Today we finish up the drain PVC for the water change system since we did a huge up grade to it!! Lights to be done on the tanks and the water run to them, then we get the fun job of getting the holding tank moved back in..So love having this tank  :P :P

But thankfully the fish seem to really have liked getting about a 90% water change they were up moving and eating well this morning....

Even the discus pair that have actually kept their kids for quite a long time didn't seem to bothered with all that was going on today..and much to our amazement since we took their cone away there are about 15 little ones that seem to really like microworms!!!

I am sure once all is done Aron will be posting pictures of the work we did this weekend!!!

Mugwump

;D it's always nice when a plan comes together......nice work, you two.... ;D
Jon

P4Angels

So the beast is in...  ;)  just a quick photo to 4 yah

Refilled the tanks and got the air system back online last night.  Water change system drainage got an up grade for 1" PVC to 2" PVC we where running into clogging issues and I should have gone this route in the first place live and learn.  Need to finish that up today and get the drip system back online.   Do some water testing and look for any leaks. 

Next on the list is more of my DIY lighting for this set up.

Ron Sower

Love seeing that Jehmco pump up there!!! They're the bomb!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels

Lights are in,  drainage has been completed (no leaks...  8)), Drip system back up and running and only have to move the water holding tank back into place.  Not bad for another another weekend project....  NO more for us for a while...   :'(