• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 06:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

So, in prepping for my foot surgery...

Started by Ron Sower, April 13, 2014, 11:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...I got rid of several fish and took down most of my nano tanks, but left a couple intact and gave the fish away or sold them.  All my tanks are always planted. So yesterday I was looking in one of them that had Boraras brigittae in it which I had given away. I'd moved a few shrimp over into it to keep a little animal life going in it.  The few shrimp are doing nicely and suddenly I noticed a tiny Boraras swimming around. I thought I'd seen the adults cavorting in the past, and here was proof of spawn! One little guy who's egg has managed to be hidden from the adults, until I removed them, had survived to hatch, and and fry-baby has foraged off the plants' microbiota! Another example of Sower's Darwinian tanks providing an opportunity of survival of the fittest so the species can continue to survive...at least for now.  Wonder if he'll find a mate in there???
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Woohoo! Tonight I was watching the little B. brigittae all alone in it's tank and suddenly I saw a second one!  In a few more minutes the 3rd one appeared!

Who knows?.....Maybe tomorrow night a 4th and 5th one will come out of the plants!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I hope you find more Ron.  Those are some nice little fish. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That's so cool. They look likema neat fish.
Scott