• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 03:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

Salt dip salinity

Started by Jdmcfast, November 14, 2012, 03:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

I believe I may have some skin flukes in my angels that just finished their metro dosing. What strength of salt dip should I use? From what I've read 4tsp per gallon for 30 min. Is common. Is this right or do I do one of the stronger ones for a shorter period of time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

Mugwump

here's what I do...A salt dip in a separate tank is the best way to use salt to treat angelfish diseases.
Mix 5 gallons of conditioned water with 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt/non iodized salt and heat to about 82 degrees.
Put the fish in the tank. If it rises to the top and lies on its side, that?s common. If it shows severe distress, return it to its tank immediately.
Treat the angelfish in the dip for a maximum of five minutes
Then back to clean water.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson