• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 09:47:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

Build an Ark, Noah.....

Started by Mugwump, April 02, 2014, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...looks to be a whole bunch of rain headed here in the few days........uh oh...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Ours is going to be freezing rain tomorrow. Winter weather advisory stating 1\4" of ice accumulations.  :(  Hopefully the weather reports are wrong on this one.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 02, 2014, 08:33:20 AM
Ours is going to be freezing rain tomorrow. Winter weather advisory stating 1\4" of ice accumuations.  :(  Hopefully the weather reports are wrong on this one.

Yes, we have a threat of that junk too...I'm refusing to recognize it tho.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Hope some heads this way..... be a good time for a spring clean of the fish room with some of Mother Nature's finest all around!

Dennis

ilroost

Hope it's not raining to bad tomorrow, headed up your way with a load. Going to wheeling Il.

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on April 02, 2014, 05:31:45 PM
Hope it's not raining to bad tomorrow, headed up your way with a load. Going to wheeling Il.

..you folks got most of today's mess...tomorrow/tomorrow night is our real turn for it...spotty here today....
Jon

sschind

How long can you tread water?
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: ilroost on April 02, 2014, 05:31:45 PM
You drive a truck? Or delivering fish!!??
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

Ron, drive a truck for United Van Lines, in june it will be 29 years.
Rained all the way up there and the whole time unloading!
But wouldn't you know as soon as i was done working it quit raining

Ron Sower

Quote from: ilroost on April 04, 2014, 02:50:24 PM
But wouldn't you know as soon as i was done working it quit raining
Know what you mean. Like around here (in a smaller way), it may be nice for 4 hours in a row and when it's time to walk the dog for his last pee of the day, it starts pouring!

29 years is a long time to be driving those rigs.  You ever run into Lawrence Transfer of Roanoke, VA? They had one or two other places too when they were one of my customers back in the 70's-80's. Chip Lawrence should have taken over the business by now. Can't remember the Dad's name at the moment.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron