• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 11:56:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 292
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 266
Total: 266

Frontosa's

Started by ilroost, March 29, 2014, 01:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

On my way to pick up a quad of them. I have always wanted to try to breed these. My wife isn't to happy about it as up goes another tank

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on March 29, 2014, 01:41:34 PM
On my way to pick up a quad of them. I have always wanted to try to breed these. My wife isn't to happy about it as up goes another tank

Good luck with them  ;D...another tank??...boomba!!!! wonderful...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Thanks Jon, nice looking fish. Met a guy from bloomington at the auction last week. He invited me to his fish room today. What a setup it was!!
Some of the best looking fronts i ever seen.

PaulineMi

I'm not usually a fan of the "humped head" cichlids but Frontosa are the exception. I believe they are slow to mature and spawn.

I know a guy who has a huge, beautiful Front tank.  White sand with a pile of holey rock in the center. He added an additional piece if holey rock at each end for Julies he got from me. It's such a clean show piece for the fish.

Would love to see pictures of your Frontosa.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

If I was to do a bigger African cichlid it would be the fronts.  Do you know what sub species they are? I have a friend that was breeding Mpimbwe fronts. They had such pretty blue colors. 

Scott