• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 08:39:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 184
Total: 184

Dr's license

Started by Mugwump, March 27, 2014, 02:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...It's been 8 yrs since I've had to go to the DMV for anything....I renewed last time on line and got a sticker for the back of my license..well, they caught up with me....I just went and renewed this morning, taking the vision test only.....alas, age has finally shown it's ugly head ....I'll have to wear my specs to drive......I could read all the lines but one..it was blurry somewhat......but, I don't have to renew now for four more years...... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

Last time I renewed my DL, had to do the eye test too and didnt do so great. Lady says "we'll have to put a restriction on your license". Im thinking  great, going to have to get a REAL eye exam and new glasses before they let me drive again.

Nope no new glasses, no other exam.....my restriction?........I can only drive vehicles with 2 side view mirrors.

Do they even make a car with just one anymore.......or for the past decade or 3?

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on March 27, 2014, 08:18:33 PM
Last time I renewed my DL, had to do the eye test too and didnt do so great. Lady says "we'll have to put a restriction on your license". Im thinking  great, going to have to get a REAL eye exam and new glasses before they let me drive again.

Nope no new glasses, no other exam.....my restriction?........I can only drive vehicles with 2 side view mirrors.

Do they even make a car with just one anymore.......or for the past decade or 3?

..at first the girl said that I'd be restricted to daytime driving...that's when I figured it was time to pull out the 'peepers'......she smiled and said that the eye test was perfect now...so shall it be, I'm a four eyed driver now...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

In feb they restricted me to day time driving only. I got new glasses pass the test. I am playing hell getting them to let me drive at night. They said it takes a while.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on March 28, 2014, 06:41:57 AM
In feb they restricted me to day time driving only. I got new glasses pass the test. I am playing hell getting them to let me drive at night. They said it takes a while.

Diabetes doesn't help your vision much either....it'll get better now tho...
Jon