• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Corydoras habrosus Dwarf Cory

Started by P4Angels2, November 11, 2012, 06:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels2

Oh what a beautiful day!! We went to Seattle this afternoon to get some sand for the tanks...and ended up going to a place called King's Discus and got a steal of a deal....They had little baby discus kids....so we got 5 of them...then we went to another store and what do our wondering eyes do we find.....Corydora habrosus cats....(I was drooling over them last night) so we cleaned house and got 17 of the little one's...And....then we found Apistogramma's and we bought 4 and were given an extra...what a great day in a liquid sunshine day here in WA

Mugwump

Cool...we have a few 'pigmy cory's'....I think Bob raised them at one time....cute little snots
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Sounds like you had a fun day. I like the Apistogramma's but they are hard to find.
Scott

Jdmcfast

What kind of apistogramma did you get?
Josh

Frank The Plumber

Egg eating little buggers they are these corys.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on November 13, 2012, 01:59:59 PM
Egg eating little buggers they are these corys.

I think that's because they're the only ones that know where they put em......LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

:o no kidding Jon....

is there a specific temp they like better?

Mugwump

They'll take from 72-82 deg's and I tried 78, so far...active but I don't see much yet....perhaps Bob has some pointers??
Jon

P4Angels2

Jo

Sounds like a fun day would love to find a store with baby discus. The one really good lfs closed here and the other one I think is more saltwater. They have a few freshwater but not many.
Jo

P4Angels2

This store does mostly all discus!!! and the babies we got were one's that they have the parents of!!!

Quote from: Jo on November 13, 2012, 06:18:57 PM
Sounds like a fun day would love to find a store with baby discus. The one really good lfs closed here and the other one I think is more saltwater. They have a few freshwater but not many.

Rjb3

Lower the water level day by day until the tank is half full. Leave the water level low for several days to simulate the dry season. Then top off the tank with water ten degrees cooler.

P4Angels2

Can it be just fresh tap water?

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 13, 2012, 07:28:25 PM
Lower the water level day by day until the tank is half full. Leave the water level low for several days to simulate the dry season. Then top off the tank with water ten degrees cooler.

Rjb3

Normally, I would say raise the temperature slightly as the water level is reduced. You could try a 25w heater depending on how big the tank is. They should do back flips when the cool water hits. That simulates the snow run off from the mountains.

It's been a while and I almost forgot. Don't feed them during the water level reduction period. Hit them with live worms and lots of high fat high protein foods after you introduce the cool water.