• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 12:11:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 169
Total: 170

Have you guys....

Started by Ron Sower, March 01, 2014, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...changed things on the forum so that there are a lot of ads popping up all over?  Or is this something I'm going to have to deal with for using chrome?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

We don't have any ads....must be chrome.....check your pop up settings ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

No ads popping up here either.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Ron, you might want to scan your system for malware, (http://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/lp4/?gclid=CNbS_qr88bwCFQ5gMgodugcAYQ),  if you are getting pop-ups here.  We have no advertisement code at all.  I can login on with IE, FireFox, Opera, Chrome, IceWeasel, or Safari and not see any ads.

Dennis

Ron Sower

I figured out that I had some adware or something get in and I just went to the unsubscribe spot and got rid of it.  I didn't think you guys were changing anything, at least without letting us know. It was popping up on other forums and even in my MLS site!

Dennis, will that url you gave me be okay for me to use? I have Kaspersky security. Will there be any problems between the two?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 01, 2014, 08:52:00 PM
Dennis, will that url you gave me be okay for me to use? I have Kaspersky security. Will there be any problems between the two?

Hey Ron, yea it will be okay.  Just download the free version and then run a scan of your system.  It looks for different things than your anti-virus software and it only runs when you specifically scan your system so it won't conflict with your Kaspersky.

I like it because it's free, quick to download and install and it does a great job for malware.  I use AVG anti-virus for my clients, and my personal Windoze systems.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Just finished the scan. Removed a bunch!  Thanks again, Dennis.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 02, 2014, 11:02:18 AM
Just finished the scan. Removed a bunch!

Cool, it's a great little utility.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I love malawarebytes.  I'd been using various different things and none of them took care of my problems.  My computer guy told me about it.  I run it once a month just to be sure. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Malwarebytes and SpyBot...here.....I ,also, have CCleaner for quickies.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Thanks Dennis. I have CCleaner and will add Malwarebytes.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 02, 2014, 02:15:17 PM
I have CCleaner and will add Malwarebytes.

The folks that make CCleaner have several very nice free utilities that are also portable.  That means you can load them on an inexpensive thumb drive and then just run them whenever you need them without installing them on your system.

Dennis