• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:45:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 143
Total: 144

Update to grow out tank

Started by P4Angels, March 01, 2014, 08:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

So I get this call form a friend.  He say he has a 160 tall aquarium that he wants to trade for a 90 gallon tank.  Tank for tank...  Im like hmmmm.... So Lori and I went down to get this tank today... and here it is:

That's our 120 grow out under it.   Looks so small.. Now I have to modify my stand to fit the beast....  and 2 corner HMF to the back side corners.   With this beast we went to Harbor Freight
and got 2 264 GPH Submersible Fountain Pumps (http://www.harborfreight.com/264-gph-submersible-fountain-pump-68395.html#.UxKT4fldV8E to one end of 3/4" PVC lift tubes.  That should be enough filter to get the job done...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

LOL.....lower mount Luke....trust the force ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Those pumps look like the Eco pumps I get from Ken's.  Great pumps for a great price too.

http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/water-pumps/eco-264-water-pump.html

Dennis

b125killer

Nice score, that's a big tank. I want to find a trade like that. I Just need time and patience.
Scott

b125killer

I just got back from getting another 40 breeder. Paid $20.00 for it. Time and patience just need to wait it out for a big tank.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 02, 2014, 03:24:16 PM
I just got back from getting another 40 breeder. Paid $20.00 for it. Time and patience just need to wait it out for a big tank.

Nice, that'll work... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That tank is a monster.  You will love it.  Congrats.
Always move forward. Never look back.

P4Angels

New update....  Got an offer for a 90 gallon tank and a 75 gallon tank w/ stand in trade for the 160...  going to get them 2marow.... WOW!!!!!
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

LizStreithorst

Gosh.  I don't think I'd have been able to part with that 160.
Always move forward. Never look back.

P4Angels2

neither did we but it just won't work for the stand that we have

P4Angels

Went and moved that 160 for the last 2 times last night and realized that I hate bigger tank.... That or I'm just getting old to move them around lol!!!  So I got a 90 gallon and an additional 75 gallon in trade for the 160.... Lori has the plan for the 75 and moving a 40 breeder (baby tank around... should work nicely and conserve some more space in the main room.