• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:04:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 125
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 123
Total: 123

Please think of my husband

Started by Barb, February 21, 2014, 01:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Thank you all so much.  At a time like this it sure helps to have friends and family around me.  In just 3 days is our 43rd anniversary.  It will be our first one apart and not having a fancy dinner together.  We will have to settle for hospital food.
Barb

shatanka

Oh Barb, sorry I am a little late on the well wishes for both you and your husband. I will hold you both in my prayers and hope for his speedy recovery.
AND..HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH! WOW...43 years...that is awesome! That alone is a blessing.
No worries on just having to settle for hospital food together. Hey that can be romantic too!  It isn't about where you eat, or what you do to celebrate your marriage. It is about your love for each other, right? This is a trying time and it is proving more to you both without a doubt how much you mean to each other. That, is all that matters. I wish you many years of happiness and good health...for many  MORE years of love together!  :)

Barb

What nice comments Shatanka, thank you!

Bill just came out of 3 hrs. of major surgery to clean out infection in his whole gut area.  He is still with us, on a breathing tube, and the next couple days will tell if he will make it.  The Dr. hopes to see some improvement by tomorrow.  Please keep the good thoughts coming.
Barb

Mugwump

Good show, they cleaned up the bad stuff....things will get much better now...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'll light another candle tonight.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Continuing to send positive thoughts and prayers your way.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Korbidoc

Barb,  just heard about Bill's illness....I am so sorry you are going through this terrible trial & I will surely keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers at this difficult time.....may he have a quick & uneventful recovery.....   Dottie

LizStreithorst

Lady friend,  I'll run in to town in the morning  to buy enough candles to have them burning 24/7.  I'll get some to burn in the shop so if one candle burns out at home another at the shop will send the prayer up.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

thank you everyone, it helps more than you know to have kind thoughts and prayers for us.  There are a few tiny improvements in him this morning.  I am hopeful now.
Barb

Barb

Here is a pic of Bill and I on our cruise just last month.
Barb

Ron Sower

It's good to have a photo of him for us that haven't met either of you.  Best wishes still coming from here in Federal Way, Washington, putting it out there for a quick come-back.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Thanks for posting the picture of you and Bill.  It goes right to our hearts.  (And that is a really cool cane that Bill has.)  You know we are all continuing to hope for the best for both of you.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Thanks for the update Barb.  It's great news to hear they have him heading in the right direction.

Dennis

Mugwump

A nice update to read, Barb....he's heading the right way now, good news
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson