• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 182
Total: 182

My collection and projects.

Started by Frank The Plumber, November 06, 2012, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank The Plumber

And there are these. The male is a Gibb's line albino pb/pb. The female is a madetto line half black blush ir. blue. I caught some guff over the precision of her line. Oh well, it's there and her progeny turns 95 plus percent to half black so it's there at least. I will tidy it up if it dares to show itself.

The neat thing here is that the albino Gib's line male ha ancestry that is also half black through the Bottle line. And.....in the first batches I have several fish on the F1 of this cross that are turning. It's modest but it's a start. The exciting thing is that if you run the calculator on this cross you get some fairly fantastic possibilities. Most of the F1 's are rather mundane but in the seeds of them are great and wonderful fish.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Frank The Plumber

Here is an example of a fish that has potential to the trained eye. At first glance one says mehhh. Genetically this fish is silver super veil comb het albino pb blush marble. The fish above him the gold is his sister. He is capable of producing veil pb/pb albinos, albino koi, blue marbles, blue silvers and a bunch of other odd stuff when mated to a sibling.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Frank The Plumber

I have had some luck with the albino pb/pb's.

Frank The Plumber

I crossed my big DD streaked male to a Damon C / Oyama glitter with pb/pb, this produced the basis for my pinoy line which I selected my top 24 fish from. I received from this cross, exceptionally finned veil glitter silvers with a single dose of pb. standards dark single dose pb' blacks, exceptionally veiled golds ( the Oyama line holds some gold), some very nice lace veil dark fish and possibly some Z gene stock although I am not certain of this.

Frank The Plumber

I have some other fun stuff in the works but have not had time to photo graph the other stuff yet. As I get the chance I'll add to this collection of photos for you. Thanks for looking.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

I know you have some of these too. :)

Mugwump

Yep, and growing nicely....I have too many blacks from somewhere too....LOL...I'll prune the herd at the swap.....but I cherry picked some real beauties.....cousins, right? :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

You have some Nice angels. I like the albino pb/pb. Mug I find it hard to believe you have too many blacks but I also think you left the last swap with more fish then you brought. LOL   
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on November 07, 2012, 06:44:06 AM
You have some Nice angels. I like the albino pb/pb. Mug I find it hard to believe you have too many blacks but I also think you left the last swap with more fish then you brought. LOL

LOL..yep, like a kid in a candy store....hehe....it was easy too, between the fry that Frank, Joel and some others had..I couldn't resist grabbing a bunch to cherry pic... ;D
Jon

b125killer

Frank and Joel did have some great fish. The blue marble I got form Joel are growing nicely. How are your albinos doing?
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on November 07, 2012, 06:59:51 AM
Frank and Joel did have some great fish. The blue marble I got form Joel are growing nicely. How are your albinos doing?

Growing pretty well...the Turq's are looking great too....
Jon

Jo

You have some real beauties there! Thanks for sharing.
Jo