• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 05:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 183
Total: 183

Looks to be one of those days...

Started by Mugwump, January 26, 2014, 07:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

......cold/snow/brutal winds......it'll be a nice hunker down putz day ;D ...maybe even a nap later?...Scott and his sister were going to drive down, but with all the winds and drifting, decided not to chance it....good call....we'll pop the pork roast, on top of some 'kraut', in the slow cooker and just smell the goodness until later.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 26, 2014, 07:03:20 AM
......cold/snow/brutal winds......it'll be a nice hunker down putz day ;D ...maybe even a nap later?...Scott and his sister were going to drive down, but with all the winds and drifting, decided not to chance it....good call....we'll pop the pork roast, on top of some 'kraut', in the slow cooker and just smell the goodness until later.... ;D

Cleaned up last night's snow. Wasn't too bad as the wind was not blowing and the sun was out. 8) Going out to get some food supplies and get ready to hunker down for a long week. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Me too....shoveled the walk/driveway/deck/part of the patio....cold and windy here...we had about a foot blow across the driveway/walks....when I got done it almost looked like I hadn't shoveled some areas....LOL.....while doing the back, I had to shovel snow all over Abby the 'snow queen'......what is it with shepherds...always have to have a lump of snow on their snout like a gun site....???....moans like a banshee between shovel loads.....LOL....she's a sweetie ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

That's all you guys have been doing this winter....shoveling, going inside, coffee, sleep and eat, then start over again!  I had a few winters like that in Va.  Please just take it steady and easy and don't initiate any heart attacks...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 26, 2014, 01:17:09 PM
That's all you guys have been doing this winter....shoveling, going inside, coffee, sleep and eat, then start over again!  I had a few winters like that in Va.  Please just take it steady and easy and don't initiate any heart attacks...!

It does seem that way,huh?....a weird winter for sure, shoot..it began late fall...LOL...maybe it'll let up and we'll have an early spring.....not right to summer... ;D 
Jon

PaulineMi

This winter going right into a summer would be torture.  Drip acclimation.....dripping sweat.  :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2014, 11:07:46 AM
Cleaned up last night's snow......

It has snowed so much here in the last 24 hours I can't even tell where the drive is anymore.   ;D ;D ;D  Might have to lock the hubs and limber up the transfer case when it's time to go out this week.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 26, 2014, 04:11:15 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2014, 11:07:46 AM
Cleaned up last night's snow......

It has snowed so much here in the last 24 hours I can't even tell where the drive is anymore.   ;D ;D ;D  Might have to lock the hubs and limber up the transfer case when it's time to go out this week.....

Dennis

Yep...do those 'lazy 8's'.....I did that with my old Jeep at the first snow....loosens em up nice.. ;D
Jon

b125killer

Yep more shoveling.  My neighbor said we have had 45 inches of snow this year so far. And we haven't had a really bad snow storm yet. Most of the snow has been under 6 inches. I'm sick of this winter.
It's not my sister thats comeing with me this time. It my friend Holly, She is the one that got some plats from you. She has gotten a pair to spawn for her too. Maybe I'll ask and see if my sister wants to ride along. She would get a kick out of your fish room.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 26, 2014, 06:22:46 PM
Yep more shoveling.  My neighbor said we have had 45 inches of snow this year so far. And we haven't had a really bad snow storm yet. Most of the snow has been under 6 inches. I'm sick of this winter.
It's not my sister thats comeing with me this time. It my friend Holly, She is the one that got some plats from you. She has gotten a pair to spawn for her too. Maybe I'll ask and see if my sister wants to ride along. She would get a kick out of your fish room.

LOL...ok....I got it now....doh ;D....'senior moment' ;D
Jon

Mugwump

ALL the snow is now back on the driveway....plus some....wind's a howling and temp's dropping fast....brrrr.......(but Jan's making brownies ;D)
Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 27, 2014, 12:28:54 PM
"Alice B. Toklas"..... ;D

Her most famous culinary experiment was fudge not brownies..... a concoction called Hashish Fudge. Made from spices, nuts, fruit, and Cannabis, Hashish Fudge quickly became a sensation in its own right. In the recipe, Alice described how it is called "the food of paradise" and goes on to suggest places where the cook might find the illegal ingredient named in its title.  No doubt she was quite a gal!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Alice_B._Toklas_Cookbook

Dennis