• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 06:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 231
Total: 231

Opinions Please

Started by LizStreithorst, November 04, 2012, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

This is one of my gazillions of 3/4 Half Black crosses that it not expressing.  She caught my eye.  She's not the largest, but she's very round and has killer finnage, (at least I think so).

I want to know what you smart Angel people think of this fish.  If I ever get around to breeding a batch of Angels again, I'm considering crossing her to one of my tank bred Peruvians.

Please don't hold back if you think the fish is garbage.  I'm here to learn, not to have my ego stroked.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Dang, I forgot to post the pic.  Sorry...

Mugwump

That's a pretty angel, Liz...nice round body, long ventrals and really nice fineage...it's a keeper for sure.
A Peruvian cross is an excellent choice. You'll likely lose the half black for years....tho...you'll never be able to tell the 'hets'....and they will be rare anyway..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

Very beautiful baby!!! I agree that she is a keeper

LizStreithorst

Thank you gentlemen.  I'm not an Angel person.  I need input from people who know good Angels to help me make the right choices.

If there any judges out there, I would like to see this fish critiqued.  Please pick it apart.

Do you Angel people have a score card for judging Angels?  We have one for Discus, but judging is still kind of a flying by the seat of your pants kind of thing.

P4Angels2

I have to say 1 thing....I am not a gentlemen...that would be P4Angels....I am the better half!!! LOL  ;D

LizStreithorst

Oh my.  I made a mistake.  Imagine that...?  Most fish people are men.  Sorry...

Jo

Beautiful fish Liz! I see absolutely nothing wrong with it! No expert here though.
Jo

b125killer

I like her. I like the blue in her fins. This would be a keeper. 
Scott

Mugwump

Just a thought....do you have any PB Smokeys..??.....Your angel looks like a PB Silver ghost...??..or at least a 'het'...Pb Smokey cross (or ideally a PB Smokey ghost) would give some stunning results.....It almost looks like the breeder did a wild cross in the line recently...hence those nice long, gently curved ventrals...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

I think she is beautiful and what lovely fins and body she has.  Great color too.  Has she laid eggs yet?  Definitely use her as a breeder.
Barb

P4Angels2

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 04, 2012, 03:00:12 PM
Oh my.  I made a mistake.  Imagine that...?  Most fish people are men.  Sorry...

no problem!! Love our fish...we do not have an empty nest syndrome with all that we have!!!

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on November 04, 2012, 05:34:17 PM
Just a thought....do you have any PB Smokeys..??.....Your angel looks like a PB Silver ghost...??..or at least a 'het'...Pb Smokey cross (or ideally a PB Smokey ghost) would give some stunning results.....It almost looks like the breeder did a wild cross in the line recently...hence those nice long, gently curved ventrals...

I'm the breeder and I'm afraid the breeder is a moron.  The grand parents were a Half Black female and a Zebra male.  The Zebra was a real mut.  The offspring had many diferent charistics but I'm quite sure he had wild blood.

I'm afraid I don't even know what a Pb Smokey is (I said up front that the breeder is a moron).  I'd happily make the cross though if someone wanted to trade one for say a tank bred Peruvian ;)