• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 200
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

More Bad Luck.

Started by b125killer, January 12, 2014, 09:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

This weekend I found out my uncle had a massive heart attack. He had aorta valve replacement surgery. So far he seems to be stable.  But not out of the woods. There saying he has a 50/50 chance at this point. Then the alternator when out in the truck.  I HATE working on cars. it's the bane of my existence. I got the old one out with a lot of blood loss. There's blood all over the truck. I busted three nuckles. Got one prety good too. Then after calling all of northern Illinois I couldn't find one. Still can't.  The earliest I can get one is Tuesday.  On the plus side I emailed a guy that has a 5 inch clown loach for sale. I hope he gets back to me. I would like to get another one around the same size as mine. But with my luck it probably has ick and the guy just don't know how to treat it or something worse.
Scott

wsantia1

First off Scott. Sorry to hear about your uncle and hope he has a speedy recovery.  I have a 3.5 inch Clown Loach that I may be giving up for adoption.  He is by himself and I know they do better in groups.  He thinks he is a Bristlenose. No diseases with this guy.  And alternators are a big PITA.  I hope you find one that is in good shape.  Can you get it rebuilt if you can't?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Dang....sorry to hear about your uncle. Heart valves are pretty routine now days, I'm sure he'll do fine.
There's a part re-builder right down the road from us..it you can't get one, they can re-do your old one pretty quickly...they did one for me while I waited...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

So sorry to hear about your uncle.  Hope to see that 50/50 go up to 100% recovery.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Here's wishing your uncle a speedy and full recovery Scott.  Hope you get the car sorted too!

Dennis

b125killer

Thanks guys, I really hope that my uncle can pull through this. His liver and kiddneys aren't functioning and there not getting any pulse in his feet. I need to go see him but I don't like watching people that sick. Unfortunately it's one of the last memories I have of my grandpa. Watching him die and only a shell of the man he once was. Wow it's hard to write this. I just can't stand seeing people I love haveing to suffer so much. Ok enough of that it makes me too sad to think about things that are out of my control.
Still waiting on the alternator.  Even if I do get it today, I wouldn't be able to put it in until the weekend. Oh darn it ::)
Willie if you want to rehome your clown loach let me know. I haven't heard from that guy about his loach. Maybe he already sold it.
Scott

Mugwump

I feel for you Scott, it'll never be one of my favorite things either..it's the curse of growing older, every one that you've ever known is getting old. I'm a phone call away if you need anything.

It's rotten weather for working on cars, that's for sure. I bought a 'Tube' propane heater at a garage sale a few years back....110K BTU.....heats a garage real nice, if ya need it???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Scott it may be helpful to talk with a hospice person if it's at all possible. While the pain of loss doesn't go away I have found those wonderful people able to bring understanding and acceptance to the process we witness.  With understanding there comes a sense of peace rather than resistance.

On to the truck....if what Jon is offering is what's called a salamander they produce a LOT of heat. They work really well. And it might be a good idea to take Willie up on the clown loach offer. At least you will know you are getting a healthy specimen.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

wsantia1

Hi Scott.  Sorry to hear things haven't gotten better with your uncle.  The Clown Loach is yours if you want it.  We'll just work out details on how to transfer him.  I'll be glad to send him to a loach person. ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 14, 2014, 08:26:54 AM
On to the truck....if what Jon is offering is what's called a salamander they produce a LOT of heat. They work really well. And it might be a good idea to take Willie up on the clown loach offer. At least you will know you are getting a healthy specimen.

sometimes called a 'Torpedo' heater..they come in kerosene fueled/electric and propane...blow ya right out of the garage....LOL
Jon

b125killer

Yesterday my uncle George Swisher passed away. :'( I can't really think right know. This year has already sucked!
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on January 15, 2014, 07:14:22 AM
Yesterday my uncle George Swisher passed away. :'( I can't really think right know. This year has already sucked!

I am so sorry to hear about that Scott.  Prayers to you.
Willie

PaulineMi

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Scott.

Mugwump

Scott, so sorry to hear this....our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Jon

BallAquatics

Sorry to hear about your uncle, Scott. Our condolences to you and your family.

Dennis