• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 01:26:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150

pretty good day

Started by DylanJkfish, January 12, 2014, 06:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DylanJkfish

Today was fairly productive! Got some work outside done, cleaned the house and sold a bunch of fish!! Although it was only 60$ for a pair and 7 other silvers. The tank space is all i care about haha

My fish seem to have busy as well! Got a pretty good size spawn out of my koi pair and they are hard at work!

Mugwump

Quote from: DylanJkfish on January 12, 2014, 06:47:01 PM
Today was fairly productive! Got some work outside done, cleaned the house and sold a bunch of fish!! Although it was only 60$ for a pair and 7 other silvers. The tank space is all i care about haha

My fish seem to have busy as well! Got a pretty good size spawn out of my koi pair and they are hard at work!

Most excellent....use the money and get a 20H, and a 40 breeder, at the next Petco $1/gal sale  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

DylanJkfish

I was thinking. 2 55 gallons ;) cuz i have about 140$ right now haha

Mugwump

Quote from: DylanJkfish on January 12, 2014, 07:30:35 PM
I was thinking. 2 55 gallons ;) cuz i have about 140$ right now haha

2 20H's...3 40 breeders.....more bang for the buck ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

DylanJkfish

Well just got back from a friend whos shutting down his fish room. Getting a great deal on tanks and stuff

2- 25 long + stand
2-3 30 long
Sponge filters (free)
Tons of shipping supplies
Driftwood
Amd MAYBE a huge wooden stand from floor to ceiling

Then once they move their 135 gals im taking the huge air pump

Getting the tanks for like 50$ or less. The filters are free, bbs eggs are free, shipping bags and bands are free i think, and not sure about the drift wood. Sooooo happy haha but i still gotra get more tanks.... DEAR GOD IM OBSESSED!!! Get me a therapist!!!!

wsantia1

Sounds like quite a score.  Great for you. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: DylanJkfish on January 12, 2014, 09:40:02 PM
Well just got back from a friend whos shutting down his fish room. Getting a great deal on tanks and stuff

2- 25 long + stand
2-3 30 long
Sponge filters (free)
Tons of shipping supplies
Driftwood
Amd MAYBE a huge wooden stand from floor to ceiling

Then once they move their 135 gals im taking the huge air pump

Getting the tanks for like 50$ or less. The filters are free, bbs eggs are free, shipping bags and bands are free i think, and not sure about the drift wood. Sooooo happy haha but i still gotra get more tanks.... DEAR GOD IM OBSESSED!!! Get me a therapist!!!!

"Get me a therapist"....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....great deal ;D
Jon

DylanJkfish

He forgot to get ahold of me when they started breaking it down so im now just going through whats left. ;-;

Haha its true though Jon!

Now quick question for anyone!! Im wanting to use these tanks for either breeding bns,rams, or ottos. I know bns breed like rabbits but the last 2 males i had died after a couple months. Do they need driftwood to thrive?? If thats not the reason then im going to go with rams.

Mugwump

Yes, they need driftwood or bog wood. Their life spans are said to reduced without it. Plus...give the poor guy a break occasionally...LOL...if you're removing the cave to a separate tank for fry hatching...leave it a few extra days and feed him very well....especially if you have trios..2 female/1 male.....
Jon

DylanJkfish

Thanks Jon!! Great to know! Hoping he has a breeding pair/trio i could have haha.

24 hours in and there are no white eggs! Dang hes good haha

DylanJkfish

Haha i got all of this for free :D
- about 100 bags (3 different sizes)
- bottle of bag buddies
- driftwood
- 7 filters (getting more soon)

Paid 50$ for 4 tanks + stand

When i go back im getting
- air pump and pipes
- brine shrimp eggs
- more filters
- light(s)
- maybe a stand

Mugwump

Nice find....that's a super deal ;D
Jon

DylanJkfish

Its a bitter sweet find, a friend is tearing down his fishroom (he was a whole seller) because of college next year.