• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 11:55:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

koi spawn

Started by b125killer, January 10, 2014, 07:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I put a newly formed koi pair in a new home a few weeks ago. They haven't spawned but they sure where letting the other angels know they where in charge of the tank. After I got them in there own tank they just don't seem to want anything to do with each other.
Yesterday Before I went to work I was looking at the rest of the koi in the other tank. They have been Jousting for new positions after I removed the first pair. And sure enough there is another pair in there. They spawned on the red flame sword. I was hopping they would tend them until this morning but they didn't. I also didn't keep there light on. I didn't want to deal with the algae bloom that would of caused. They where tending them pretty good too. I think They might go into a new home today. I might put the first pair back and give there tank to pair number two.
Scott

Mugwump

Nice......MTS here we go..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good luck with those Scott.  Hopefully they will do better in a tank all their own.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.