• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 11:59:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 145
Total: 146

Chili Kinda Day

Started by PaulineMi, January 05, 2014, 09:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Made the Chili this morning from Grandma's very old New York Times cook book. The kind that simmers all day and makes the house smell wonderful.  We will really appreciate it while watching the Packers and their die hard fans later today.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I ate the last of our latest batch for lunch the other day....yum....today we're having boneless pork chops with pork and beans  ;D and maybe some corn bread?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 05, 2014, 09:57:50 AM
Made the Chili this morning from Grandma's very old New York Times cook book. The kind that simmers all day and makes the house smell wonderful.  We will really appreciate it while watching the Packers and their die hard fans later today.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I'm going to enjoy watching these guys play in -2.  I think will be colder than that.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

That 'Colts' and 'Chief's' game yesterday was a nail biter....great game!!!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I thought about making chili.  I like Alton Brown's way best.  But I was more in the mood for chicken, so I bought a chicken to roast.  The best part of the chicken is the carcass.  You can make the most flavorful stew with the carcass.  The best flavor is in the bones which most people toss out.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 05, 2014, 10:45:23 AM
Quote from: PaulineMi on January 05, 2014, 09:57:50 AM

I don't have a horse in this race, but I'm going to enjoy watching these guys play in -2.  I think will be colder than that.

Exactly.   ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

LizStreithorst

I won't watch.  I don't care about sports and haven't watched TV in months.  I sure do feel sorry for the poor bastards, though.

ilroost

Don't like either team(Jets fan). but am looking forward to watching the game, it's going to be so cold. Ground and pound kinda game, don't think there will be much passing.Good old smash mouth football

wsantia1

Quote from: ilroost on January 05, 2014, 12:35:17 PM
Don't like either team(Jets fan). but am looking forward to watching the game, it's going to be so cold. Ground and pound kinda game, don't think there will be much passing.Good old smash mouth football

I'm a Jets fan too. LOL
Willie

LizStreithorst

I love Green Bay because Bret Favre was QB at my local university and he has come back to be coach of a high school team.  I also love them because when they make a TD they jump up and get hugs from the fans. 

JR

Have not watched football since Joe was with the 49ers
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on January 05, 2014, 04:38:08 PM
Have not watched football since Joe was with the 49ers

LOL...or Joe was with the Jets. ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Or when Joe did the pantyhose spread in Cosmo.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 05, 2014, 05:13:15 PM

gee whiz....I'd forgotten about that....LOL....I won a bundle on that Jets/Colts game....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2014, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on January 05, 2014, 05:13:15 PM

gee whiz....I'd forgotten about that....LOL....I won a bundle on that Jets/Colts game....

Yeah, who would believe the Jets would be involved in one of the most important games in NFL history.
Willie