• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:35:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 124
Total: 125

"New Wave" at it's finest.....

Started by BallAquatics, January 04, 2014, 06:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Good stuff there.  Favorites are Adam Ant (in general) and Burning Down the House 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Thanks Jon & Pauline.  We've covered quite a few music genres, but I didn't remember seeing any New Wave stuff.

I've always thought that Adam & the Ants were under appreciated here.  They truly love them in the UK and they are often seen on various TV shows to this day.

Dennis

PaulineMi

I remember when Adam & the Ants first appeared on MTV doing Goody Two Shoes.  That was back in the day.......... (ZZ Top predicted where the MTV phenomenon would go  :o).  I didn't realize Adam & the Ants were still around but I had heard him referred to as just Adam Ant.

Side note:  My Kindle has reverted to refusing to run videos.  Thus the delay in responding to video attachments.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Sorry to hear about the Kindle acting up.....

On the Jools' Annual New Years Hootenanny 31st December 2012.

Here's Adam on UK TV Feb 2013.

Dennis