• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 10:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 160
Total: 161

It makes my fingers hurt.....

Started by BallAquatics, January 05, 2014, 09:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I'm doinking around on YouTube and run into this old gem.  The first song I learned to play on the guitar, my S&H Green Stamp guitar.  It makes my fingers hurt just thinking about it.  LOL

Dennis

Ron Sower

My Mom took me to a pawn shop and I bought my guitar for $10 in 1963 or 1964. I was in high school. Boy I know what you mean about fingers hurting.  I think my first song was El Paso. Never got past learning about 7-8 basic chords.  I sanded the finish off the guitar, used my woodburning tool and engraved/burned in my girlfriend's name, thereby naming it Cathy Lou. Then I coated it with polyurethane.

I made two mistakes back in those days when I went off to college. I lost track of the guitar and let her get away!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Hey Buckaroo....err Dennis....I remember S&H Green Stamps.  Wetting all those stamps with my Mom and sticking them to the pages of those little books. Lol.  Now that's a memory.  Then there were also "Gold Bell Gift Stamps".

Do you still play guitar?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Rjb3

Well, let's see . . My favorite Buck Owens tune is his last #1 hit, Made in Japan. First tune I ever played was So Afraid of Losing You Again, by Charlie Pride. But, my all time favorite tune in the world is Borrowed Angel by Mel Street. I play it every time I get the guitar out.

Guitars . . . . . I've had a bunch of them over the years. Now I have just two. I kept my 1973 Sakura 12 string and in 2007 I took the plunge, after thinking about one for close to forty years, and purchased a Martin D 12-28. You can hear the difference.

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 06, 2014, 04:21:45 AM
Do you still play guitar?

Pauline, it's been so long, I wouldn't know where to start.....

Dennis