• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 11:41:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

Good neighbors in fish maintenance....

Started by Ron Sower, October 30, 2012, 12:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

While I was gone for the last 9 days, I left the care of most of our fish to my neighbor across the street.  I measured out all the flake foods to be fed daily and taped them to each tank and he came over once a day and emptied them into the tank. 

I have one small tank with 27 1-day-out-of-the-mouth M. auratus that I took down to another neighbor who was going to be home all day every day and could feed them 3-5 times a day and do  water changes as needed.  The tank is the new Evolve8 nano I recently bought.  I gave him cubes of frozen BBS and cubes of Repashy Soylient Green gel food.  3 small feedings of frozen BBS and one small feeding of Repashy each day.  He cut the filter off for each feeding for one to two hours to keep the food available for the fry to eat.  Only one fry died in the nine days!

So I went down to pick up my tank of babies today.

They almost doubled in size..!!!!

And all my other fish were in good shape too!   It's great to have good neighbors...!

Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels

;) That one way to get them hooked....  If you worn't so far south we would have do it for yah.....   
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

That's nice, Ron..good neighbors are wonderful...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Josh

b125killer

I can't get my wife to feed my fish. She is one of the reasons I have multiple filters on all my tanks. I have got calls at work about filters not working and she doesn't know what to do.   
Scott

Ron Sower

Quote from: P4Angels on October 30, 2012, 03:20:34 AM
;) That one way to get them hooked....  If you worn't so far south we would have do it for yah.....   

Aron,
So, why don't you let us help you and Lori find a home and you guys move on down here?  We could have regular fish and football...then we'd have to change to another sport when the season is over!   ;D
flr
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron