• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 05:40:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 227
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

Cherry Shrimp

Started by Owl307, December 09, 2013, 04:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owl307

Love shrimo and have had them before ^.^ was wondering who else has had experience with these little guys :D
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mugwump

I know that Aron and Lori raise shrimp.....watch getting them from Ebay....there's been some bad things going on with shrimp sellers/buyers.....just check there history/reputation remarks to separate the bad guys out.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Quotejust check there history/reputation remarks to separate the bad guys out

Always good advice.

Owl307

yikes i dont think i would ever buy fish or inverts off ebay. I wanted to see if anyone here had a colony with some to spare...

BallAquatics

I kept about 10 different kinds of fresh water dwarf shrimp several years back.....

It took me a couple of years of selective breeding to get my regular Cherries to look like these guys. I was working towards a Burgundy color, but I switched gears and stopped keeping shrimp about 5 years ago.

At one time I had Red Cherry, Yellow, Green, Bee, Crystal Red, Crystal Black, Tiger, Blue Tiger, Pearl Blue, Snowball, etc.  I sold hundreds of boxes, or thousands of shrimp on E-Bay.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Pretty nice pics, Dennis...the detail is awesome.  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks Jon.  I often find myself wishing Danios would hold still during a photo session as well as shrimp do!  LOL

Dennis

Owl307

Barb

I have bunchs of em.  Would be glad to send you some in the Spring.  Too cold now.  They live and breed in my Endler tanks, started out with a few 18 mo ago, now I have many.  Really interesting and cute little creatures.  I love to watch them with a mag. glass.
Barb

Owl307

Quote from: Barb on December 09, 2013, 09:25:11 PM
I have bunchs of em.  Would be glad to send you some in the Spring.  Too cold now.  They live and breed in my Endler tanks, started out with a few 18 mo ago, now I have many.  Really interesting and cute little creatures.  I love to watch them with a mag. glass.
Barb

Thats would be great! how much would you want for say 12 or so mixed gender adults? if you have that many?