• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 06:56:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

Clown loaches

Started by Ron Sower, November 30, 2013, 10:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I have a group of clown loaches that I began acquiring by accident, then, after falling in love with their behavior, I began to actively acquire. They're in a 54g bowfront corner tank with java fern attached to mopani wood, and some planted corkscrew-leaved Sagittarius (sp.?).  The substrate is very lightweight and they are continuously digging and swooshing it around making it tough for plants to get rooted.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get crypts to get started in there? Tie to a rock and bury it?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

b125killer

It's hard to keep my loaches out of anything! There just so curious about everything. There constantly digging looking for a taste treat. They will also eat softer leafy plants too.  I had one crammed inside a pleco cave eating there eggs the other day. I told him he can stay in there for that. After checking on him a few hours later I came to the conclusion that he might be stuck. I took the cave out of the water and he wouldn't come out! I had to tap the cave on the side of the tank before he would come out. Looks like the plecos don't get a cave in that tank. That's okay daddy pleco has carved himself out a nice spot on the drift wood.

Scott

Ron Sower

I had a crypt in a pot that I purchased locally so I buried the pot in the sand day before yesterday.  We'll see if that works. 

I've planted giant vals and corkscrew Sagittarius in the sand and set a rock or 2 on them.  That works! If i place root tabs under them they grow pretty fast and root well.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron