• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 08:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 240
Total: 241

Starvation Imminent

Started by LizStreithorst, November 24, 2013, 03:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It is to be red beans and rice today, but I was so high on fish last night that I forgot to soak the beans.  I put them to soak at 7 am which meant that they weren't ready do do anything with until 3 this afternoon.  All ingredients are simmering now but it will be 2 hours before it is ready.  It smells so good I can hardly stand it.  I'm afraid that I might die of starvation before it's ready to eat.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I made a pot of spaghetti sauce, smells good in here too...we just need to cook up the pasta and make salads... ;D ..getting hungry in here.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 24, 2013, 03:48:10 PM
It is to be red beans and rice today, but I was so high on fish last night that I forgot to soak the beans.  I put them to soak at 7 am which meant that they weren't ready do do anything with until 3 this afternoon.  All ingredients are simmering now but it will be 2 hours before it is ready.  It smells so good I can hardly stand it.  I'm afraid that I might die of starvation before it's ready to eat.

Hang in there.  Those red beans and rice will be well worth it.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Linda put a small piece of pork shoulder in the crock pot this morning.  Smelling really good when we came back home a few minutes ago.  I prepped the bakers and put them in the oven after 4 minutes in the microwave. Making a little slaw for some greens and we'll be good to go soon!

Geesh, I stay hungry a lot! And you guys aren't helping with all your postings of all that good food you prepare!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron