• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:35:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 216
Total: 216

Sick fish tank clean-up

Started by Jdmcfast, October 26, 2012, 04:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

What you guys recommend to doing to make sure my hospital tank that my angel died in is safe to use again. I want to make sure it is safe to use as a quarantine tank for auction purchases if I need it. I am really paranoid about contamination and it has been so long since I have dealt with sicknesses like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

Jo

I would use bleach. When I got the ones I got off craigslist. I filled the tanks up on back porch and poured bleach in there and I let them set a couple of days. I'm sure you don't have to wait that long though.
Jo

LizStreithorst

Either a bleach solution or PP.  Be sure to nuke the filter and the equipment as well.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Jo on October 26, 2012, 04:26:45 PM
I would use bleach.

Same here...  I keep a bucket of mild bleach solution at all times to dip nets and hoses between tanks.  An ounce of prevention...

Dennis

Mugwump

Yeppers, a nice mild bleach solution...throw everything in and let it soak....rinse well , fill and re-seed the bio....you're good to go.....make sure you wipe under the top flange/lip too. after filling it up....overnite should do it....then get it going in the AM before you head out....you can soak the rest longer in a bucket ,if you want...

You can always wipe down with HP before filling too....too be sure...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson