• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 04:20:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210

Group set up...

Started by Mugwump, November 16, 2013, 07:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Only plants in pots and some nice pieces of drift wood for me.  A simple tank like that helps you keep things clean and can be interesting to look at as well.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

We all know what i would stock it with. A couple of monster fish lol

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 16, 2013, 03:11:11 PM
Only plants in pots and some nice pieces of drift wood for me.  A simple tank like that helps you keep things clean and can be interesting to look at as well.

That's one option....anyone else??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on November 16, 2013, 03:26:49 PM
We all know what i would stock it with. A couple of monster fish lol

LOL....we're trying for a community tank.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

A pair of Discus, 10 or so Half Black Angels (preferably pearl scales),  4 BNs, 8 German Blue Rams, And a pair of Pearl Gourami's.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 16, 2013, 04:16:38 PM
A pair of Discus, 10 or so Half Black Angels (preferably pearl scales),  4 BNs, 8 German Blue Rams, And a pair of Pearl Gourami's.

I'd like to see veiled angels, discus, jumbo neons, BN plecos, cory's, and some mixed medium sized fish..tetras, rams, Swordtails, etc the colors selected to accent the plants...maybe even a lone male Betta(red).....not too crowded, but active....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on November 16, 2013, 04:43:02 PM

I'd like to see veiled angels, discus, jumbo neons, BN plecos, cory's, and some mixed medium sized fish..tetras, rams, Swordtails, etc the colors selected to accent the plants...maybe even a lone male Betta(red).....not too crowded, but active....

That's a pipe dream, Mug.  To be healthy, Discus need a temp of at least 82.  It's too high for Neons, which the Discus would eat anyway.  Jumbo Cardinals would work.  The Angels would have the Betta ripped to shreds in a day or two, although I've kept a Beta in a Discus only tank.  Sterbai cory's and Lazers do well at Discus temps.  The others do not.

Gosh, just writing in this thread makes me want a display tank!

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 16, 2013, 05:16:54 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 16, 2013, 04:43:02 PM

That's a pipe dream, Mug.  To be healthy, Discus need a temp of at least 82.  It's too high for Neons, which the Discus would eat anyway.  Jumbo Cardinals would work.  The Angels would have the Betta ripped to shreds in a day or two, although I've kept a Beta in a Discus only tank.  Sterbai cory's and Lazers do well at Discus temps.  The others do not.

Gosh, just writing in this thread makes me want a display tank!

I've had Betta's with angels with no issues...cory's can take the 82...I've got a bunch that thrive in it....Jumbo cardinals would be fine too, good suggestion...I'm just thinking a nice variety of top,med,bottom fish...colorful but not gaudy...blending well with the plants....
anyone else going to chime in..????
Jon

Mugwump

Found this a minute ago....not ideal, but very nice  ;D

Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on November 16, 2013, 12:50:39 PM
Funny thing is I just built a 120 stand.   USed the same plans as I did for the double 55 gallon tank.... Looks like this:

Should have it painted by weekend    8)

Aron, is that 72" long???
Jon

ilroost

I have always had a soft spot for a nice school of harlequin rasboras.

Mugwump

HMMMMmmm..should we make it small/medium size fish population??...or go mostly medium/larger fish???
Jon

wsantia1

If you want Angels and Discus wouldn't med/large be better?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2013, 06:20:47 AM

If we go larger, yes.....some like the smaller shoaling fish tho...I'd like some sort of 'combo'...???
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 17, 2013, 06:25:16 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2013, 06:20:47 AM

If we go larger, yes.....some like the smaller shoaling fish tho...I'd like some sort of 'combo'...???

I like the combo too. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.