• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 09:48:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Bad parents

Started by Jdmcfast, October 26, 2012, 08:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

So far I have had 2 spawns from the new adults I just got (that may all be sick) and both of them the eggs have been eaten as they see laid! I have had egg eaters before but I have never had spawns where the eggs are eaten before they are even fertilized! I'm real hoping this is just because there are so many other angels in there and that once they are better and out of QT and in to tank of their own that this behavior will change.

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on October 26, 2012, 08:53:46 AM
So far I have had 2 spawns from the new adults I just got (that may all be sick) and both of them the eggs have been eaten as they see laid! I have had egg eaters before but I have never had spawns where the eggs are eaten before they are even fertilized! I'm real hoping this is just because there are so many other angels in there and that once they are better and out of QT and in to tank of their own that this behavior will change.

Posted using tapatalk 2
Yes they will..most do....the group thing doesn't work often....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

Yea I agree just group thing. Mine ate first 2 spawns. The 1st one was hardly fertilized because she laid on the back of slate instead of the front. Doh!
Jo