• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 01:25:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

Parent raising

Started by Jdmcfast, October 26, 2012, 08:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

I've for a pair of PB Zebras that finally have a tank all to themselves. I have always pulled there eggs before but gonna let them try to parent raise for the first time since they spawned again last night.:))
Fingers crossed

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on October 26, 2012, 08:48:02 AM
I've for a pair of PB Zebras that finally have a tank all to themselves. I have always pulled there eggs before but gonna let them try to parent raise for the first time since they spawned again last night.:))
Fingers crossed

Posted using tapatalk 2

Cool....remember it may take them several trys to get it right...but if they do fine the first time, you've struck gold...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

Cool Josh! Hope it turns out good!
Jo

b125killer

Scott

Jdmcfast

So far so good I've got wigglers, they haven't done a real good job at cleaning up white eggs (unfertilized) which has caused more fungus than normal. They haven't moved them yet but hoping they will. If not this time I'm sure they will do better next time. ;D
Josh

Jdmcfast

They are still doing great! Fry just starting to free swim and mom and dad don't think they are ready if you know hat I mean lol
Josh

Mugwump

LOL....pitooey...spit em back....the 'mutiny' won't be long...the folks will just say screw it and let em go...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

sounds like there doing a good job.
Scott

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 02, 2012, 05:49:48 AM
LOL....pitooey...spit em back....the 'mutiny' won't be long...the folks will just say screw it and let em go...

Perfect description!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Jdmcfast

I woke up this morning and it appears all the fry are gone. I guess they forgot the pitouey part lol:-[
Josh

Mugwump

Look around carefully,,,,they'll move/hide em in some weird places
Jon

Jdmcfast

No they have been free swimming for a couple days so I'm pretty sure they are gone but time will tell
Josh

b125killer

Sorry to hear that maybe they will do better next time.
Scott

Jdmcfast

I'm sure I will find out in the next couple weeks. They usually lady about every 10 days
Josh

Mugwump

It sounds like they're close to raising them. Most pairs take several trys ,or so, to get it down. I'd try to give the tank some extra attention and keep it pristine, if possible. Feed a good variety of foods to build up their protein levels. It helps a lot to 'crack the ice'.....victory is within your sight...
Jon