• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 05:37:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 141
Total: 142

Wigglers!

Started by Jo, October 25, 2012, 08:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

If the blue light works, that's ok....water changes?....I snake a siphon into the opposite front corner, away from them, then keep the siphon tip on, or near, the bottom..then do smaller changes more frequently.....if that's a 30gal..do about 5gals and try to match refill water to tank temp...they'll likely challenge you..ignore them and just move slow....let em hit the tube, it's ok...if you hold it still they'll ease up...refill in that corner too, and try not to agitate to much...fill gently and pour over your hand or point against the tank wall....don't get upset if they move them multiple times....that's the angel way...LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

If I was worried about loosing the fry, I'd probably just skip a week.  If I thought I couldn't miss a water change and I didn't want to cause too much commotion, I'd syphon water out using an air stone and air line tubing.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 26, 2012, 07:00:12 AM
If I was worried about loosing the fry, I'd probably just skip a week.  If I thought I couldn't miss a water change and I didn't want to cause too much commotion, I'd syphon water out using an air stone and air line tubing.

Dennis

That can be true too....I have a small 1" siphon tube that I use....if put in the corner and if not moved around..they're fine with it....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

Don't shoot but they are in a 10 gallon, that is all I had empty when they started the pairing off thing. That is one reason I was concerned about cleaning the tank. I have a hob filter and sponge filter in the tank but still have some poo on bottom. I have a prefilter sponge on hob intake and last night the moved fry to that. YIKES! The fry are staying put though. LOL I'll see how they look when I go home for lunch. I have a small syphon too and may try it to just take some water out.
Jo

Mugwump

LOL....the old small tank trick.....any amount changed is better, if you can get away with it...even a gallon or two..
Jon

Jo

I want to get 20's for the pairs that pair up. Just hadn't done it yet. I'm going to change some of the water without being to invasive.
They still have them on the pre-filter sponge. LOL You don't think that will hurt the babies do you?
Jo

Mugwump

nope...keep refill water about the same temp as the tank temp tho....
Jon

Jo

ok I will! Thanks Jon!
Jo