• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 01:06:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 98
Total: 98

Chicken Salad with Tarragon Tomorrow

Started by LizStreithorst, November 09, 2013, 08:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I had chicken enchiladas tonight because I craved them.  Not like the ones I ate when I lived in Mexico.  Not close.  They satisfied my craving for them, though.

Tomorrow I make this wonderful chicken salad.  Now THIS is good! 

Take the breasts and a thigh from a purchased rotisserie chicken, but don't use the skin.  Chop them into small cubes.
chop about a cup of celery and maybe 1/4 cup onion
mix that stuff together with a lot of mayo, maybe 3/4 cup or enough to suit you.
Throw in a tablespoon of dried tarragon.  (I can't get the fresh here)
Squirt in two tablespoons of lemon juice depending on your taste.
Mix it together, taste it to see if the seasonings are right
Put it in the fridge to let the flavors meld for a day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It was great.  I have enough left to eat tomorrow when I will have my way with the chicken carcass.  My chicken stew needs a day in the fridge before it comes into it's own as well.
Always move forward. Never look back.