• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:09:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 209
Total: 210

snails

Started by ilroost, November 09, 2013, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

Today i got 2 black rabbit snails gave to me by a fellow club member. Really cool looking. These guy's are about 4 inches long.
I have never seen any before

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Thats them. Pretty cool. Hope i have a pair.
Wow can't believe the price of them. He had about a dozen of them he was going to give me but i only took 2.
Not knowing anything about them, i didn't want to get over run with them.

b125killer

That's cool. I have seen a few here and there. I like to see a gold one. I think that site is a little high on there prices. They are selling a Don King snail for $19.99 it's a snail with algae on it. :o If that's the case I should be sitting on a pile of cash! I got lots of snails with algae growing on there shells.
Scott

ilroost

Scott, i've seen rabbit snails but not the black ones.
That sight has got to be crazy priced, who in their right mind would pay that for snails

b125killer

They have Malaysian Trumpet Snails 12 for $9.99, I think Jon might be throwing out a lot of money LOL. I would like to find the person who would pay them prices. I got a mess load of ramshorn snails. Here I have been feeding them to the clown loaches.
Scott

Ron Sower

How many clowns do you have Killer?  I have a dozen, and they're like little puppies in a tank!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

I have two clowns and a yoyo. I want to get another clown but it's hard to find them at the size I want. It would need to be 6 plus inches. And when I do they want way to much for them. They are goofballs. I don't have a tank big enough for a dozen clowns. that's why the yoyo is in there. I had two yoyo's but it was killed by the other loaches. He was just didn't keep up with the growth and got picked on all the time.
Scott

Ron Sower

If you ever want to dedicate a tank to them, they will just lay all over each other and swim up and down together and just tumble all over in a large group! I have 12 in a 54g corner tank with heavy filtration and a lot of Java fern tied onto wood.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

They must be small still to have that many in a 54g. What are your plans when they get bigger?
Scott

Ron Sower

They are about 6'' average.  I've not thought about that so far.  Guess I'll have to trade/sell some off.  I don't have any more room for any larger tanks!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron