• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:02:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 160
Total: 161

notched angel

Started by b125killer, November 08, 2013, 11:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I was culling out the smokey paraiba fry and came across this guy. I know what needs to be done with him but I just couldn't do it. I think he look kind of neat. I want to see how long he'll make it and what he will look like when grown up. Is this common flaw? This is the first time I have seen one. 
Scott

Mugwump

Cull it, it's a rare genetic flaw.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I agree with Jon too, because it's an ugly deformity.  I wouldn't be able to stand looking at it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

yea I know he needs to be culled. I was just wondering what everyone's thought was on it. I still think he looks kind of cool. it's probably because I haven't seen one before. But I wouldn't breed him so He'll have to go. I don't want to keep fry that severe no  purpose. what's funny is I showed it on facebook and people liked it. Too bad he'll be food tomorrow.   
Scott

LizStreithorst

There's a market for weird and deformed Discus, too.  Some of the breeders in Asia select for them for breeding.  "Butterfly Discus", "Bat Discus", "Bulldog Discus" adnausium.  I guess it's a matter of taste.  My personal opinion is that it's a matter or good taste vs bad taste but my opinion is neither here nor there.

b125killer

Thanks Liz. Your opinion and everyone else on here matters to me. If you guys would of said it's ok for him to be like that he probably wouldn't be breakfast for a gold fish. I would rather people like my fish for the beauty of them them rather than losing the genetic lottery. I'm still new at raising angels and just don't know sometimes what would be acceptable. I count on and trust the knowledge of the people on this forum. that's one of the great things about this forum. The honest truth of people that know more than me ;D     
Scott

LizStreithorst

Thanks for not being offended, Scott.  I felt a little uncomfortable after I posted.  My opinion is just as good as anybody else's.  What's most important is your opinion.

greydragon

i have seen several like that one but i have culled all but one  and that one just had a hole straight thru her body she laid eggs several times but i never let any hatch.
she has since died when a different female chased her out of the tank in the middle of the night, i found her dried in the morning