• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 12:12:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Craigslist find

Started by P4Angels, October 24, 2012, 01:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

On one of our many grand fish adventures Lori and I went over to pick up a Fluval 305 External  canister filter for our 100 gallon tank.  Asking price was $60.00 not a bad find.  While we where there he asked me if I ever use the Penn Plax Cascades filter.  I have one but the can portion of it is cracked and not fixable.   So he walks into his garage and hands me a Penn Plax Cascade Canister Filters 1500 filter.  He say here take it I don't have the time to work on it.  :o

So we get home and I did a little searching on the internet and find that Pet solutions has all the parts (new hoses, motor gasket and a Strainer). So I ordered them 24.47 for the parts 9.99 shipping total cost 34.46. 

Parts came in today, 20 min to install and add medial. 30 min test run in a 5 gallon buckets.  No leaks (Oh boy OH Boy!!!) ;) .  Another 10 min move,set up, and prime!!! It's up and running like a brand new filter, cycling my 100 tank at 2.5 times an hour..   8) 8) 8) I am also running 2 medium sprung filters in there for add bio filtration.  ;)

So that's two 200+gallon canister filter for under 100.00 now that a GREAT FIND   ;D.     
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

ilroost

Nice, craigslist is where i have bought most everything in my fish room

Mugwump

Good deal,.....that'll make your day.... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

that's a awesome find. I have gotten alot of good deals from craigslist. I got my 72 bow front for $250.00 and it came with a Fluval 404. I also got a 20 long metal frame with a slate bottom for $10.00 the list could go on with all the stuff I got off there.
Scott

Jo

That is awesome! I got my 55 and 46 bow front from craigslist with stands and all kinds of fish stuff!
Jo