• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 12:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

Philippine Blue Ghost with fry

Started by GeorgeG, October 19, 2013, 09:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

My Philippine Blue Ghost with 1 week old fry after having dinner with bellies full of Baby Brine Shrimp

b125killer

There some pretty angels. I like when the fry get there orange belly after eating.
Scott

Mugwump

George, is there Zebra in these?It looks a little like broken fin striations?...Pearl scale?, or just the camera flash?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

They are Pearlscale but nothing was ever mention that there was Zebra in the bloodline. I got them from Lee Gordon as Philippine Blue Ghost Wide-Fin Angelfish with mom being a blue ghost pearlscale.

Mugwump

If those fin striations are busted up, etc....it's got a zebra in them...very nice...and they would be Blue Clowns...the color should really pop on those, and Zebra brings a greenish hue too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

Here are a couple of photo's before they had a spawn. They changed color just like Discus do.

Mugwump

Gorgeous Angels, thanks for the better pics...sweeeeet....looks Zebra(single dose) too, see that teal blue green, and busted striations...you're in for some nice fry ;D ;D
Jon

GeorgeG

Here is a link to the old ad I won them on and Lee never mention what the male was.

Thanks for the nice comments.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/closed.cgi?view_closed_item&fwangelfish1348960408

Mugwump

Wow, you got them at a nice price... ;D...perhaps the wide fin is busting the striations it up???..the fry will tel for sure
Jon

Mugwump

George, here's a pic of a PB clown...in person, do the fins look like this somewhat?? This is what I'm referring to as the broken bars.....most likely my bad 'peepers'....LOL

Jon

GeorgeG

No mine look nothing like the clown shown.

b125killer

Scott

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Just looked at this pic again while surf'n threads.....those dark markings may be a 'streaked gene??..
Jon