• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:46:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

Hoods and tank covers

Started by Mugwump, October 23, 2012, 06:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

What's your preference?....the std hood/light fixtures or glass tops , or other material,
Do you make your own?....or look for deals?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

I have all of it. I think I like glass tops with led lighting the best. I did just just get a new Marineland LED Aquarium Hood from  http://www.drsfostersmith.com for my 29 gallon there nice. I have a piece of cut glass with a diy light made out of a gutter and a cheap walmart light. It's not the prettiest but it's cheap and works. 
Scott

Jdmcfast

I need to figure out how to make a cover that will fit my 55. The light fixture clamps on both ends and prevents the use of normal glass tops. Can notches be cut out of glad to make it work? Any suggestions?

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Jo

My hubby put something over the ends of tank where light clamps on (I have one like that) so I could still use my glass tops. I will try to get a pic on here when I get home from work. I had same problem.
Jo

Jo

Here are the pics. I think he double sided taped the pieces on. It works well.

Jo

Jdmcfast

Quote from: Jo on October 24, 2012, 05:17:47 PM
Here are the pics. I think he double sided taped the pieces on. It works well.

Can you still open the lids normally

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Jo

Yes that is what so great about it. I had ordered light and glass lids at same time. So didn't have an option to do something else with lids. So he figured that out. If you want I can get a pic with lids open. That light really causes algae to grow on lids though so I have to take them off every week and wipe them down.
Jo

Jo

Jo

Ron Sower

He did a really nice job for you!  I like it!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Jdmcfast

I really need to do something like this too! Thanks for the idea Jo:))

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Jo

You are welcome! It has worked out really well for me.
Jo