• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 01:50:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159

Tank tools

Started by Mugwump, October 15, 2012, 09:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've sucked up fry during WC.  My opinion is that if the fry are stupid enough to be sucked up, they aren't worthy of being in the gene pool.  I have found that baby fish learn to avoid the siphon hose very quickly.   
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I feed my fish with a turkey baster. Now when I put in siphon hose they think it's time to eat and got right to it. 
Scott

Mugwump

just thump the siphon tube on the side now and then...they get the idea pretty quickly...it's like tapping the tank rim with your baster everytime you feed them...before long...tap,tap,tap..equates to food....they come a running.....'Pavlov's Dog'
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

I've thought that too Liz from time to time depending on what it is I will save it though

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Mir

Yeah, Liz, I remember you saying that before. But I just can't do that to my poor babies. I just adopt out all my cull to other little kids who don't care what genes their fish have. But my fish are stupid. they usually all come rushing over to it too. XD

... I didn't see these other pages. of course there are drawbacks to the disgusting mouth siphon, especially when doing sick tanks! :X
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'