• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

Tank tools

Started by Mugwump, October 15, 2012, 09:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

LOL................miss you two...We do... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Them are some big pumps. I just got a little pond pump at the hardware store.
Scott

Mugwump

Hmmm...got a link or a pic, Scott?....I like the submersibles for my tub...always looking to improve tho...and a pond pump would be submersible too.....what's the pump 'head'..??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott

Jdmcfast

This is what I use looks similar to yours killer.
http://www.kensfish.com/moreinfo/eco-396-water-pump.html

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Josh

Jo

this just gets better and better, do either of you want to elaborate on how you use the pumps? I'm only using python and a squeeze bulb water changer on quarantine.
Jo

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 17, 2012, 08:44:18 AM
Here is a link. It's not that big but it works good for what I need.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202278930/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=md+11300&storeId=10051#.UH61jsXR7bM

Looks like the vertical head is about 71/2 ft...not bad....I'm thinking of a bit stronger one to pump the water right out to the backyard garden area.....
Jon

b125killer

Quote from: Jo on October 17, 2012, 11:18:16 AM
this just gets better and better, do either of you want to elaborate on how you use the pumps? I'm only using python and a squeeze bulb water changer on quarantine.

I got a new Garbage can  and made a base with wheels. I just fill that up with water and move it to the tank that I'm doing the water change on. I Have a long hose that will reach any sink in the house for draining the water. I have a  son with a good set of lungs that just learned the fine art of starting a siphon without drinking tank water. :D
Scott

Mugwump

" I have a  son with a good set of lungs that just learned the fine art of starting a siphon without drinking tank water."

LOL...that's a critical part of fishkeeping....LOL
Jon

b125killer

I was so mean to him the first time he tried it. I should of warned him. The look on his face was priceless.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 18, 2012, 06:51:14 AM
I was so mean to him the first time he tried it. I should of warned him. The look on his face was priceless.

A tasty treat.... :o..poor guy...
Jon

b125killer

At least I didn't have it in the gravel ;D 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 18, 2012, 07:01:36 AM
At least I didn't have it in the gravel ;D

*gag*.....good Dad.....when I have to start a 'manual' siphon, I've gotten it down to a science...quick hard suck and plop.....and keep your tubes clean.....LOL
Jon

Jo

Yuck! never want to try that!
Jo

b125killer

Quote from: Jo on October 18, 2012, 01:51:38 PM
Yuck! never want to try that!

You haven't had a mouth full of fish water before? 
Scott