• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 03:45:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

Happy Friday Again

Started by wsantia1, June 09, 2023, 06:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. hopefully everyone is doing well. In this area we are now in a code orange with respect to the smoke and while I was outside with Kobe I could feel my nose burning a bit. I guess the next time I go out I will wear a mask. I have plenty of them. huh

We are currently at 57 degrees under a mix of sun, clouds and smoke with a 23% chance of a rain shower. We need a whole lot more rain than that. huh Our temp will top out at a high of 74F.

Since I won't be outside more than I have to be to water my flowers and walk Kobe, I will focus on my small tanks today. As of this morning I only have 15 tanks housing fish with a turtle another tank and 2 small tanks housing low quality shrimp.

It's funny how I lost my interest in the shrimp but those little tanks can be a pita to maintain. My easiest tanks to maintain are the Discus and Altum tanks and the Altum tank is down to 2 after I lost the 3rd one a couple of weeks ago.

That's it for me right now but I wish you all a great day and I'll check in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good early evening folks.  It took me a long time to get going this morning because my phone alarm didn't go off to wake me for my 1 am meds.  It doesn't say that I missed the alarm and it's still set to go off at 1 every day so I don't know what's up with that. 

The Blackberries along the fence line are starting to ripen in a big way.  Once I got a load of laundry washed and hung out I dug in to them.  I've gone berrying for wild berries since I was a kid, so I'm better than most at avoiding the thorn's.  Still, I have a few minor battle wounds.  I'm going to plant a couple of thornless ones in the garden area this fall.  I found a willing worker who will finish the fencing for me in exchange for some of my new crop of smoke.  I have 2 big bushy happy plants that will be ready for harvest in about 6 weeks.  I really am looking forward to this sunny garden spot.  I've been battling and loosing to my shady front yard and have finally thrown in the towel.  I have lots of flowering plants that I can move from the shady front to the sunny garden spot. 

I loaded up the Peamite with crushed cans and took them to the recycling place in Laurel.  Wouldn't you know...I got there at 11 just as they were leaving for lunch.  They close for lunch from 11 to 12:30.  I'll go back earlier tomorrow.  I asked the lady who was leaving and they'll take all my dead appliances, and that monstrosity hot water heater that has been sitting outside my kitchen door for God knows how long.  I won't get much of anything for any of it but at least I won't have to look at it all the time.

This heat and dry is a bitch.  It's 93 right now, and since I'm in Mississippi it's humid as hell, rain or no rain.   The veggies and herbs are doing well thanks to me giving them good deep soakings.  The corn I planted the other day is up.  Tonight I'll soak the seeds of my purple okra and if I don't get them planted either tomorrow or 1st thing Sunday.

That's all the news from Moselle MS.  See y'all tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.