• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 04:37:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Happy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, June 06, 2023, 09:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone,. Things were wild around here yesterday so the day got away from me. First I had some blood work done and they took 6 vials of blood from me. I am happy to report that it took less than 24 hours to get my results and everything is fine.

The real wild stuff happened during the overnight from Sunday into Monday. A neoihbor's house down the street caught on fire and set up a situation where it spread to a couple of more homes and caused water damage to a even more houses.

The house that caught on fire was totally destroyed and I expect that the house next door will be condemned. It is a sad situation and fire marshals were investigating all day. Luckily their were no human casualties but as of yesterday they couldn't find their cat. It is definitely a sad situation. It was a new house and they lived there less than a year. https://www.wrde.com/news/smyrna-house-fire-causes-1m-in-damages/article_9113cd10-03b2-11ee-9d11-c347d55b0615.html

We are in for another day of the drought and water usage advisories are being broadcasted all over the media. We need some rain soon. I should really say my grass needs the rain. I will find a way to do the water changes without the rain.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check with you all later. 

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello Willie and late-comers!...

That was a pretty devastating fire...do you know if they ever found the cat?...it's good to know your bloodwork showed good results...! |^|

Lucy held a card class yesterday (and is holding another one today)... I went grocery shopping for the stuff to have strawberry shortcake and prepped the strawberries so we could have dessert last night...we went to friends' for dinner and back to our place for dessert and card games...

Someone recently posted 2 turtles for rehoming and I set up my neighbor, Frank, across the street to get them...one was a Reese's turtle and the other was a pink belly side neck...now Frank has 14 turtles!...the pink belly's plastron is a beautiful pink color...!

A young lady is coming by this afternoon and bringing her 7g tank to aqua scape together...this will be a first!...no one has ever asked me to help them that before ;D

I guess I'd better get going with my day now...I'll chk back later...I hope all are well...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron, I don't know if they found the cat. Hopefully it got out and is just hanging out in the wood. There is plenty of food (rabbits) out there and the foxes don't usually mess with the cats. The feral cats will be a problem.

I have a Reeve's (I think it's the same) that I bought for my granddaughter 27 years ago. They are supposed to live around 25 years so my turtle is well past her prime. https://reptilesmagazine.com/reeves-turtle-care-sheet/
Willie

LizStreithorst

If escape is at all possible, a cat will find a way.  My guess is that the it is totally freaked out and hiding somewhere until it gets over the trauma.  Please let us know when the kitty is spotted.  I hope the owners are leaving food in a place close, but not trauma inducingly close to the old house.  Where are the owners staying while all this is ongoing?
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Ron, it's a shame that your turtle friend isn't a member of Simply.  Al and a few others are really into turtles.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. We are in a code red for the air quality today. That means they recommend everyone should wear a mask or stay inside because of the air coming down from the Canada wild fires. Making matters worse is that New Jersey has a fire burning too.

With all of that I did go down to the Chesapeake Bay to have lunch at a place called The Jetty with some ex coworkers. We are all retired now and had a great time. We were actually there for 2.5 hours. The air seemed good by the water but as I drove home I could see it become more hazy.

Liz, they haven't found the cat yet. People have bee leaving food out but with the feral cats and foxes around it's probably not as enticing.

Have a good evening everyone.
Willie