• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:44:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

It's Really Friday Now

Started by wsantia1, May 26, 2023, 09:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I said happy Friday yesterday but today is the real Friday. It is currently 63 degrees and going up to 72 this afternoon. It feels like an early Fall day rather than a late spring day but it is nice just the same.

This place is going to be wild this weekend with a lot of people  passing through from South Jersey and Pennsylvania to get to the Delaware Beaches. I am going to hate being out in that traffic but I do have out of town guest so I have to suck it up with a smile.... Emergency Break Needed Here....

I was in the process of doing a water change on my Discus tank and the connection from my pump to the hose came apart so now I have another flood to clean up.  I will check in later after I correct this situation and  clean this mess up.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning Willie and other Muggers!...

I swear I thought I posted after we got home last night, but I guess I didn't hit the post button :(

Our cruise was fine...although it rained and/or was cloudy grey the entire trip...I noticed that a lot of obese ppl like cruises...we had one afternoon and the next morning to go ashore...so we went the afternoon and hired a taxi guy to tour us to most of the good spots to see...the pink beaches don't look all that pink in the grey weather (it took some imagination!)...he was a good tour guide, being born and raised there... activities onboard were almost constant with good shows other entertainment...the behind-the-ear-patches for motion sickness worked very well...we encountered several sets of rough seas... I'm not sure I ever got my sea legs though...food in the buffet area was okay, but still buffet food...in the main restaurant it was a lot better...in the specialty restaurants it was MUCH better...

This being my first cruise, would I take this specific cruise again?...no. Did I enjoy it...yes...was I ready to come home...yes... Will I go on another one somewhere else?...yes, if that's what Lucy wants to do...would I prefer vacationing on land like we usually do?...yes.

I took a quick look in the fishroom last night before turning in and on a quick glance all looked well...the two 75s in the game room looked fine too...today will be a busy day...I need to contact several ppl who are asking about plants, shrimp and fish...so I gotta do a quick inventory and get back to them...also, I have a plant order that should arrive around 11, and go to my office tank customer to do maintenance...I'll be getting right back into my groove ;D ;D ;D

I hope all of you have a good day and don't have too many aches and pains...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

PS: it sure is good to be home to warm sunny weather! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good Morning, Willie.  If you hadn't told on yourself I wouldn't have even known that you called yesterday Friday.  Sorry about the flood.  I've been flooding a lot myself lately.  Oh well, at least it's just water.

Incredibly, I woke up to a pretty good back today.  I rescued a sweet little house wren that must have found it's way in when one of the dogs opened the screen to come back in.  Pip had just caught it in her mouth and I told her to drop it.  It flew up to the foam insulation around the window AC.  I figured it would be hard to catch so I got one of my big Discus nets, but the little thing was scared so much that it wouldn't fly.  I took it in my hands and put it on a low branch.  It was about 20 minutes before it got over the trauma enough to fly away.

I'll go out in a minute and put the insect netting over my 'maters.  I have some beauties coming on.  I'm looking forward to a good BLT.  After the garden, I may actually do a little house cleaning.  Will wonders never cease? 

Hope we hear from Barb today.  Ron, it's as good for us to have you back home as it is for you.  Well, darn.  I just peaked into the fridge and saw that it was time for a beer run so I'll be heading into Ellisville before anything.  I'll see y'all later, friends.

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Willie, I appreciate you posting some on Simply.  We are doing everything we can to encourage members to post.  If you don't mind, I'd appreciate you posting on the contest thread.  Even without pics you could tell a good story.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?139853-Contest-in-the-works-Here&p=1373517#post1373517

Barb, I'm sure you have tons of good vacation pics you could post in the vacation thread.  You're camera takes good landscape type pics.  Of course you have a good story to tell about your Discus in the thread above.  The vacation thread is here.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?139809-The-Vacay-Thread
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everyone!  Sorry about the flood Willie and take care out in the holiday traffic.  Ron glad to have you back here, sounds like your first cruise went fine, I enjoy cruises, the best part for me is being out in the ocean for some reason.  I just love being on the water.  It is why I take so many ferry rides here in eastern nc. 

Liz, I will check out Simply, have not been there in awhile.  I still hope to make cones again, I have a few people who want them.  But my hurt arm is a real problem for me, good thing I have my left one to use.  I have been to the dentist 3 days this week and yesterday I was in the chair 4 hrs.  A broken tooth has caused unbelievable trouble for me.  Don't want to say more now.  Very upsetting.

The weather here has been bad for several days, with Sat to Mon coming up to be the worst, like a tropical storm they say.  A bad Memorial Day weekend for sure.  I think I will paint pictures and stay home.  You all have a good weekend!
Barb