• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 12:46:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 236
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 243
Total: 243

Beautiful Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, May 23, 2023, 05:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We are in for quite a day here with the current temp at 57 degrees and topping out at 73F this afternoon. For the time being the sun is shining brightly but clouds will roll in this afternoon. There is a very small chance of rain later on.

Since my guest are coming in on Thursday I'll start my real house cleaning today. It made no sense to clean it up over the weekend only to mess it up and have to clean it up again before the company arrives.

Everything is going well with the fish except that I will have to move my 3 remaining Altums from a 55 into a 75. I actually though I could get away with them in a 55 because there were only 3 of them but they are way too big. huh 

That's all I have for now. Have a great day and I'll check in with you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie and the rest as you check in today.  Hope your visitors have a great stay with you, do you have outings to take them on?  Memorial Day weekend is to be rainy, if forecast is correct that is.  So not sure what special activities I may plan for myself.

I had a rough dental day yesterday, go back for another appt. today.  But one good thing happened at 5 pm yesterday. I SAW MY  BABY TURTLE IN MY POND!  He is there after all, spent the cold winter in there hibernating.  He was up in some plants at the water edge.   And he looked healthy.  Not grown any, still only about 1 1/2" across, but looks just fine.  So glad. He swam quickly to the pond bottom after I looked at him awhile.

Have a good day,
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb. Sorry about your dental issue. I know how much of a pain it is dealing with those dentist.

I'm also super excited that you found your little turtle. Hopefully it sticks around and starts putting on some size for you. Have you identified what species of turtle it is. If it is a slider it should be putting some size on pretty quickly.

We will probably go down to Rehoboth like everyone around here. I won't go in the water because it is too cold and even more importantly, I can't swim. huh  ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm sorry for not having posted for the past couple of days.  My back has been terrible.  Yesterday I had an electrical problem in the fish room which was my own stupid fault.  I had to pull out a heavy extension cord and a heavy duty power strip in order to change water.  It took more standing and walking that was good for me, but I had the tanks drained and I couldn't leave them unfilled.

Today I'm suffering worse than I thought I would be.  I had to ask my thousand dollar man to wait until after I see the pain doctor and get stronger drugs for me to ship his fish.  I hope to get it sent off in 2 separate shipments 2 days apart.  Unless I start feeling better I might have to quit shipping and close down all the tanks except for my Discus tanks.

Barb, I hate that you hurt your arm and have dental problems.  I know that your delighted to have seen your baby turtle.  I'm happy for you.

Today I went to the feed store for Charlotte.  I wanted to do nothing, but the old horse was will be out of food after her dinner tonight.  On my way back I stopped at the Dollar Store that carries my favorite ice cream on a stick...dark chocolate ice cream covered by a dark cholate shell.  On my way to the register I almost couldn't walk.  There was a line.  A kind man that was next in line told me to get in front of him.  He knew all about back pain.  He was shot 3 times in the back when he was in the service.  He walks with a cane.  Why did I never think of a cane?  I really needed one today.

My garden is growing.  I have a ton of 'maters on my 2 plants and I'm determined not to let the stink bugs and leaf footed bugs ruin them for me this year.  I heard Felder talk on air about insect netting.  I didn't know that tomatoes were self pollinating until I emailed him and he told me.  I ordered some as soon as I found out.

Either the charger or the batteries died on my scooter.  They will take no charge, period.  I ordered both.  The charger is coming from Amazon but the batteries are coming from a battery place.  They'll be shipped FedEx ground when they finally get around to shipping.  God knows when they'll get here.  The charger will be in tomorrow.  It would be a gift from the gods if that fixes it .

Time to feed Charlotte her alfalfa pellets and feed the fish.  Then I'll order a cane and lie down for a rest.
Always move forward. Never look back.