• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:38:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 136
Total: 137

Cloudy and Humid Saturday

Started by wsantia1, May 13, 2023, 09:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. At the moment it is cloudy and 71 degrees with rain on the way. We will have on and off again showers throughout the day.

I just finished assembling my new grill but I'll wait until tomorrow before I put it on the deck. The one thing I hate about putting these things together is the lousy instructions that come along with it. Luckily I found a video on YouTube. It was very helpful after I watched it a few times.

After I do a little work in the fishroom I am just going to take it easy for much of the day.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Willie.  What a strange morning I've had.  Little stubby was kind of ataxic and acted like his tummy hurt, too.  As soon as the vet opened I told them that I was bringing him.  I thought it was an emergency which is the worst thing to give them on a Saturday.  As soon as I got dressed I got a leash and when I went to attach it to his collar I discovered that he got his front leg caught in his collar up to his elbow.  I couldn't see it because of his hair.  What a relief!  It looked like it was going to be something very expensive by the way he was acting.  I called the vet back and told Sheila what happened.  I was embarrassed but not as embarrassed as I'd have been if I'd had to take him in and the vet discovered it.

Once I relaxed enough to do anything else I drove to the feed store for Charlotte.  Then I did what I'd been trying to do for 2 days.  I broke down my chicken leg quarters into legs and thighs.  The thighs went into the deep freeze.  I'll be making this with the legs today.  https://www.recipetineats.com/crunchy-crumbed-chicken-drumsticks/  It's kind of a pain to brake down the leg quarters but they are 10 lbs. for $9.00 so it's well worth my time.

I took my pork butt roast (which is actually a roast that comes from the shoulder) and cut it into strips to make this.  It's easier to do this when they're still slightly frozen.  I've been yearning to make this.  I have avocados and  Roma tomatoes on the windowsill to ripen and soften so I can have quacamole with it.  I'm really ready to make that.  I can taste it in the taste buds in my mind.  https://www.recipetineats.com/mexican-chipotle-pork-beans/

That's it for me today.  It's such a relief to be able to do what I want to do rather than I have to do.  Having the printer bite the dust was a gift in disguise.  I'll check in to see what's going on with Barb and Ron later.  Both of them are always busy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Damn this back.  I was so looking forward to cook.  I managed to get the chicken legs in the oven but the Mexican pork roast will have to wait until tomorrow.  Doing the little things that I was looking forward to slam wore me out.  Barb suggested a treatment, but I'm not bad enough for it.  Al at Simply suggested a timed release morphine drug that I only have to take once a day.  It's only a couple of weeks until I go to the pain doctor.  There has to be something better than what I'm on.  I fight against the pain and need to lie down or at least sit but no mater how hard I try I can't do much more than the necessary stuff.  I'm so tired of it.  Sorry to go splat all over y'all.  You can do nothing but I feel like I'm allowed to complain here.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz, I also have a new grill that I got last year.  I had to assemble it, and did it inside.  By the time I got it put together it was too big and heavy to get outside onto my patio since I was healing up from my hip surgery.  But I finally got it outside recently, it is like a big green egg, but not nearly as expensive as those.  I plan to try it soon.

Liz, sorry you couldn't cook today, maybe tomorrow.  Ask the pain Dr.. about the spinal cord stimulator.  Can't hurt to ask about it.  Good luck with your new bed soon, it may help. 

I spent today and yesterday working and touring houses on the spring home and garden tour here.  My garden club sponsors one of the houses.  We do the flower arrangements in the house, and provide docents to show visitors around.  My spot was the kitchen and porch, must have talked to over 1000 visitors in my 3 hr. shift. Then I took the tour myself.  Very hot today, up to 90 and humid too.  I am tired tonight.
Barb

wsantia1

Liz, I am happy to hear your complaints. I know how rough it is for you dealing with that back issue every minute of the day. I really feel bad for you. Please check into what Al and Barb recommended .

Barb. I assembled the grill inside of the house and got it out of the house via the slider door onto my deck. It made it out of the house by about 1 to 2 inches. I really wanted an egg but like you said the real ones are too darn expensive and I really don't grill enough to make it worth while. The only reason I got this "Char Broil 5 Burner Grill" is because it was on sale and I also had a 10% military discount at Lowe's.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.