• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:33:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, May 12, 2023, 11:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I swear to God, the older I am the more incompetent I become.  May be not.  I have never been a really competent person except in my areas of expertise.

Yesterday I got to the drug store for my Tramadol just before the curtain closed for their lunch break.  Who's ever heard about a drug store closing for lunch.  I went back this morning and they only had enough to get me through till the middle of Monday when they will have the rest of the order.  This happens often these days with restricted drugs so I was fine with it.

This pharmacy requires that I show them my picture ID.  I didn't know until last time I got a refill when I had to go digging for my license.  I had an expired license and a current one so I decided to put my current place in with my credit cards so I could find it easily and destroy my old one.  Guess what I did.  I destroyed the wrong one.  Thank God they let me have what they had ready for me, but when I come back I'll need to show a current license.  I'm thankful that I have till Wednesday to get to the driver license place.  I have a lot to do to get ready for all my fish shipping.

Other than that, life is good.  We've been having huge thunder storms with a lot of lightning, rain and heavy winds in the afternoons.  Yesterday was something else.  The power went out for a bit and came back on.  Then there was a huge clap of thunder.  It sounded like lighting struck a tree right outside the fish room. 

I'm gonna get to work now.  I'll check in with you later.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

It gets worse.  First my printer gave up the ghost so I can't print shipping labels.  I have a new one on the way but I had these poor people expecting their fish next week and I need to put them off until the following week.  All three of them were very understanding.  Then the Thorms came in again.  At least I was able to feed Charlotte without getting soaked.  I was on the middle of draining tanks for WC.  The fish will have to wait untill  I can refill their tanks.  All I can do now is get into bed and wait.

wsantia1

Wow Liz. You sure had an eventful day. I use Walgreen's as my pharmacy and after Covid began they started closing the pharmacy for lunch. Luckily it is only for 1/2 hour.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Power finally came back on at 3 am.  I decided it was the close lightning strike the day before that killed my printer.  I'm thankful that's all it got.  I've heard of lightning taking out every appliance in the house.  I don't need that!

Ron Sower

Thorms are bad news!
Our Walgreens close for lunch too!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron