• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 12:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 165
Total: 165

Wet Tuesday Start

Started by wsantia1, May 09, 2023, 06:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Rains moved in overnight and while it is not raining now we will have on and off showers for most of the day. It is currently 62 degrees and cloudy with a very light breeze and the temp will  probably not go up any higher.

I have a tree guy coming to trim my "Green Giant" evergreen trees this morning, weather permitting. He did a nice job trimming them last year so I hired him back. While looking at my trees yesterday he noticed some poison ivy on my neighbor's tree behind me. He offered to get rid of it for free but I have to let my neighbor know that he's going to do that. You never know how people are going to react when people come onto their property.

I plan to move the Altums today but only if I can do it without stressing them out. I only have three left and they are very happy in the 75 but I need to use that 75 for the Discus. I actually have a brand new 75 on my floor but I don't have stand for it. Also that 75 is supposed to be a replacement for an old 75 that can pop a seam at any moment. huh

I better get this day started now so I wish you all a great day and I'll update you all later on.

BTW I think I hit the "Poof" a couple of times but somehow I managed to find the post before I closed the the site.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello Muggers...!

I've been busy lately...more involved with ppl here in our community...also with fish...I've acquired several groups from which I'll sell some and keep others for breeding groups...some nice little L-series plecos, Rhinogobius henchuenensis, and orange Venezuelan corys...

Weather has been in the 90s and we've gotten a little sun over at the pool...trying to get a base tan prior to a short cruise we're planning in a couple weeks to Bermuda....can't remember if I mentioned this before...it'll be my first cruise...I'm partly excited about it, but there sure is a heck of a lot of prep and planning to do before...Lucy says a lot of this used to be done for you 30 years ago!!!... :D

We bought a couple Lazyboy recliners this weekend from a couple in here who had replaced them with a sofa/chaise combo...we in turn sold two of our recliners that were showing some wear...a lady picked them up today for a group home...you wouldn't believe how many scammers replied to my ad on Marketplace... they all wanted my phone number and neede someone else to pick them up for them...don't the average ppl get this?...must not, because they're still trying to scam!...

Seems like you have a pretty tight relationship with your granddaughters, Willie...we loved our little Emery growing through those years...now she's an adult dealing with a lot of adult stuff...she's the one who's father committed suicide...we still love her too!!!

Sorry about your BBs, Barb...natures a bitch sometimes...

I'm glad you're selling fish, Liz...I'm enjoying the fish more than the plants...I did that program on Shellie's at the meeting Sunday...it went well and I got several ppl started on them now!!!

Well that's all for now...I'll be heading to bed...hope y'all are sleeping well at this hour...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron, yes I do have a great relationship with my granddaughters and for that I am very grateful. Funny thing is I am surrounded by girls. I have 2 daughters and they have 3 daughters and no sons. So I am a girl dad. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 10, 2023, 04:38:22 AM
Ron, yes I do have a great relationship with my granddaughters and for that I am very grateful. Funny thing is I am surrounded by girls. I have 2 daughters and they have 3 daughters and no sons. So I am a girl dad. I wouldn't have it any other way.
when we went to visit daughter and granddaughter before they became attached to their men, I would comment that I was visiting the estrogen pit!...daughter has a lot of girl friends that were visiting a lot...I loved it too! :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron